At what point are you justified 2 use force?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree with GeneWs’ advice about consulting an attorney about grey areas, splitting hairs about what you think you seeing, how much of a real threat it is. Attorney Robert R. Robles came to our gun club one evening to answer questions concerning these issues, the evening a rep from U.S. LAW SHIELD concealed carry insurance came to give us his pitch. The subject is deeper and more complicated than I thought. Mr. Robles will be the one who answers the phone, if you pay for this CC insurance. His most important point was to call the U.S. LAW SHIELD number, if you’re involved in a self defense shooting. Have the number in your contacts list, know the location, address, city, county where you’re at. Let the attorney do all your explaining
Noted. Sound advice there.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Title 21 of the annotated Oklahoma Statutes sections 733, 643 and 1289.25. Covers justifiable use of deadly force. Violent crimes that qualify as forcible felonies. 21-733 8-45 to 8-56. Oklahoma has strong stand your ground laws (when attacked in your residence, business, vehicle) protects you from criminal prosecution and civil suits. If your not found to be involved in a criminal act. As in, weighing out bags of meth, concealing stolen property, etc.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree with GeneWs’ advice about consulting an attorney about grey areas, splitting hairs about what you think you seeing, how much of a real threat it is. Attorney Robert R. Robles came to our gun club one evening to answer questions concerning these issues, the evening a rep from U.S. LAW SHIELD concealed carry insurance came to give us his pitch. The subject is deeper and more complicated than I thought. Mr. Robles will be the one who answers the phone, if you pay for this CC insurance. His most important point was to call the U.S. LAW SHIELD number, if you’re involved in a self defense shooting. Have the number in your contacts list, know the location, address, city, county where you’re at. Let the attorney do all your explaining
Very sound advice. The last sentence is the one that matters.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This again... From OKs statutes:
A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter the dwelling, residence, occupied vehicle of another person, or a place of business is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

Unlike the “Make My Day” doctrine which provides protections in one’s home against intruders, “Stand Your Ground” doctrine does not require that the person invoking it be at their dwelling, but only that they have a right to be legally present at the location of the confrontation.

According to OK law, if someone tries to enter my vehicle they're getting multiple lead based Covid injections into the chest. And it's legal. Here's a little read for everyone who wondered.

https://www.oklahoma-criminal-defense.com/crimes/oklahoma-self-defense-doctrines
BFL ("Bump for later")

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I understand the Oklahoma Stand Your Ground law correctly, it pretty much states that if you even witness someone in the act of committing a felony, you are within your rights (according to state law) to use deadly force. Now someone please correct me if I’m wrong on this.
I don't know anything about this law other than what I have heard on TV, and no one is dumb enough to believe that, right? I had a friend that was in Florida camped in an RV with his wife, and two small grand-kids. Two black punks kicked in the door in the middle of the night, and started in. He shot one time, and killed both, with a head shot, lined up like chickens I guess? This was several decades ago, but Florida had a stand your ground law in effect. This was ruled justifiable in criminal court, but took a while, and he had to hire lawyers in Florida, naturally! Then here come the law suits, from everyone that ever knew these punks! He won all of them but that took several years. He said when this was all over, several years later, the total cost to him was over $400,000.00 and he won, I GUESS? and this was in 1980/1990's dollars, that would likely be twice that now!

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know anything about this law other than what I have heard on TV, and no one is dumb enough to believe that, right? I had a friend that was in Florida camped in an RV with his wife, and two small grand-kids. Two black punks kicked in the door in the middle of the night, and started in. He shot one time, and killed both, with a head shot, lined up like chickens I guess? This was several decades ago, but Florida had a stand your ground law in effect. This was ruled justifiable in criminal court, but took a while, and he had to hire lawyers in Florida, naturally! Then here come the law suits, from everyone that ever knew these punks! He won all of them but that took several years. He said when this was all over, several years later, the total cost to him was over $400,000.00 and he won, I GUESS? and this was in 1980/1990's dollars, that would likely be twice that now!
Well…I guess if it comes down to either having to pay $400,000 or getting killed…I’ll be paying the $400,000 (80s/90s $ + inflation) every time.

JR18

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Re the above. Did not Oklahoma also pass a law that said that if a person successfully defended himself with lethal force, that person cannot be sued by family members, etc, of the criminal?
I tried looking but couldn’t find anything. But that still won’t stop someone from trying, causing you to hire lawyers, added stress etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom