Atlas Shrugged Movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just watched the movie "Atlas Shrugged". I thought it was better than the trailers showed it to be. Wasn't really compelled to go out and watch the movie in the theaters after watching the trailers. Never have read the book but I will now. Hope that part 2 gets made. Also thought it was hilarious some of the things that were said in the movie sounded like it came right from the OWS crowd. It's like they watched the movie and agreed with the redistribution of wealth and equity nonsense that was featured in the movie.

I do think that the movie took things to an extreme version of what is possible ($37/gal gas??) but I found myself thinking about the legislation they passed in the movie as being very feasible at some point in the next decade. Don't think the wife thought a whole lot of the movie but I guess she is less of a square than me. If you haven't seen it you might want to rent it, I'll be sure to catch part 2 when it comes out.

A

ArmedCivy

I didn't know there was a movie made out of the book. That book has been staring me down for about 4 years and i haven't been in the right frame of mind to read it. I'll be honest, it's tempting to watch the movie, but it will be more rewarding to read the book, as it usually is.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been wanting to read the book for some time but like some of you could never motivate myself to start such a long book. Watching the movie makes me even more compelled to start as the book is usually better than the movie. The movie left me hanging and wanting to continue the story.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read the book several times. When you relate it to today's economy and politics it will scare the sh*t out of you. I'll have to get the movie and compare.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read the book several times. When you relate it to today's economy and politics it will scare the sh*t out of you. I'll have to get the movie and compare.
+10. I read the book once, and as soon as I finished it I read it two more times. It is ridiculously scary how much it parallels todays thought processes, and even more so when you think that she wrote this in the early '50's as was mentioned above. I haven't seen the movie just cause I'm gun shy of movies made out of outstanding novels, but I really do want to see this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom