Attention LEO's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no policy at "OU" that prohibits any peace officer from carrying a firearm under the provisions of Title 21:Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons,Section 1289.23 - Concealed Firearm for Off-Duty Police Officer.

This includes sporting events or anywhere else.

CP

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=440326

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not LEO, but here is my experience at having been to the BOK center twice. The first time was the Neal Diamond concert with my wife...just present the tickets and in we went. I had a Spyderco Endura with me the entire time.

Fast forward and we went to the Paul McCartney concert. While waiting outside for the doors to open, they sent some lady out to make an announcement, "no weapons, not even the smallest keychain pocket knives will be allowed". They had wands and women had to open their purse. As my wife and I were waiting our turn, one of the guys told some of us to save time, we could submit to a pat-down which I did. With the "quality" of the pat-down I could have had several guns on me and made it in.

I usually have a NAA mini22 in a kydex neck holster on me...I did not have it there, but he never patted down my chest...just hips and ankles.

Personally I think any no-gun policy is wrong, but to disarm LEO? Is this even legal? Or is the BOK center head security guard overstepping his authority? Some kind of power trip maybe?

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no policy at "OU" that prohibits any peace officer from carrying a firearm under the provisions of Title 21:Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons,Section 1289.23 - Concealed Firearm for Off-Duty Police Officer.

This includes sporting events or anywhere else.

CP

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=440326

then how come that's what they told us during the yearly security meeting a few years back?

they said flat out no guns.... regardless of who they are.....deny them entry

I don't remember which LT handled the training but even when on to give an example of a fed they denied entry too.....

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If "off duty officers" are stupid enough to go in there and drink while carrying why do they think this policy will stop them? Do they realize that a very small percentage of cops actually carry off duty? The ones that do are also the ones you probably want carrying more anyway. I also agree it sucks that civilians with permits can't carry either.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless of the law, I've always gone under the premise that as a LEO, a private property owner can deny me the right to be on their premise unless I'm on duty and have probable cause that a crime has or may have been committed at said location. I can't enter a private residence just because I'm in uniform and a commercial property owner could deny the same.

Where my heartburn lies is in the fact that both of these venues have been supported with tax dollars. I don't believe it's within the rights of a management company to deny LEO's the right to carry there based on the true public nature of the venues. Who exactly holds the deed to these properties?

However, I don't have legal citations and case law to back this up at the moment. I don't intend to be a test case because I have no time for that and it could hurt me professionally. I can however vote with my feet and my hard earned dollar. I can also let my friends (which includes my OSA brethren) know of my displeasure.

I hope you'll all join me in condemning this policy, regardless of whether you wear the badge and/or consider yourself a civilian, as I first and foremost consider myself to be. :)

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this GTG, I too will be voicing my displeasure with this policy and will tell all friends and family to boycott these places as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom