Attention LEO's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The BOK Center and Tulsa Convention Center are now off limits to off duty LEO's carrying firearms. I just confirmed this with the source directly. You might want to let your FoP representative know about this change in policy, along with anyone else you deem necessary. Full text of the notification below:

Dear Chief or Sheriff,
The BOK Center is pleased to entertain your off duty officers or deputies during our many events at the BOK Center and the Tulsa Convention Center. Because of various reasons, our policy is that no guns are allowed into either building except for on duty law enforcement personnel. We have had incidents in the past when off duty law enforcement attended one of our events and did partake of the adult beverages. It is also a bad idea for the off duty officers carrying concealed weapons in the large crowds we often have in the BOK Center or Convention Center. The only exception to this policy is the off duty officers hired and employed by the management company of both buildings, SMG Tulsa.
We are aware that your officers or deputies are certified law enforcement officers of the State of Oklahoma and we sincerely welcome their presence at our events. However because of our policy, that we strictly adhere to, we would appreciate it if they would leave their guns at home or locked in their vehicles when coming to these two venues.
We sincerely hope that our policy does not offend you or your personnel but we would ask for your assistance in this matter.
Thank you in advance,
Dan Brown
Security Manager, SMG Tulsa

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it wildly ironic that they will be using armed off duty police officers to turn away other armed off duty LEO's. This would be rather difficult to accomplish if brother officers refused to work under those conditions. I certainly know I wouldn't, but I had it happen with off duty TPD officers at ORU for a HS graduation ceremony.

I'll leave the Title 21 intrepretation to the FoP. I for one will not be taking my family to either of these venues in the future unless the policy is changed.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so are OU football and basketball games.....

which i think is total BS....

When I pulled extra duty at the OU games during my time at OUPD the question came up. I was advised that even an LEO with the proper identification would not be allowed in the gates with a firearm unless his is working for the school....

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no more offended that they won't let off-duty police carry their firearm than I am that they won't let me carry mine which is why I never have been nor will I ever attend an event at the BOK Center.

A a life-long Tulsan, I've got to say that I'm pretty much over this city and it's BS.

Bryan

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no more offended that they won't let off-duty police carry their firearm than I am that they won't let me carry mine which is why I never have been nor will I ever attend an event at the BOK Center.

A a life-long Tulsan, I've got to say that I'm pretty much over this city and it's BS.

Bryan

Agreed.

DarkLaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LoL Not only OK Title 21, but a federal law that was passed by Bush entitles Police Officers - on duty, off duty, retired, or reserve - to carry anywhere in the country.

If I still held a commission, you better believe I wouldn't be attending events at those locations based on sheer principle.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just e mailed my president of my FOP lodge asking him to get a senator to request the AG to issue an opinion on this subject.

I'm interested on the legalities.

Latest posts

Top Bottom