ATTN all new NRA members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see a lot of people posting that they are joining the NRA to help fight the assault on our rights. While that's a great first step and is something I think all gun owners should do, you should be aware that your membership dues do not go to support political battles. Membership dues go toward education, training, range building, and things like that.

The lobbying branch of the NRA is the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action). The NRA is a non-profit organization, and as such, their money can't go to political purposes, that's why the NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF (political victory fund) are separately funded entities. If you REALLY want to make a difference in the coming legislative battles, make a donation to the NRA-ILA.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or you can join the NRA and also help support the 2nd Amendment Foundation by clicking on my link below. They were instrumental in the Heller and McDonald case which helps cement the 2A.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see a lot of people posting that they are joining the NRA to help fight the assault on our rights. While that's a great first step and is something I think all gun owners should do, you should be aware that your membership dues do not go to support political battles. Membership dues go toward education, training, range building, and things like that.

The lobbying branch of the NRA is the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action). The NRA is a non-profit organization, and as such, their money can't go to political purposes, that's why the NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF (political victory fund) are separately funded entities. If you REALLY want to make a difference in the coming legislative battles, make a donation to the NRA-ILA.
Good point. I second your endorsement that folks FIRST join the NRA and THEN contribute further to NRA-ILA. NRA membership increase is an indicator that our political reps are definitely going to be looking at. It costs only $25 to join if you go through
www.guntalk.com.

Click on "Links" and look on left hand side.

Also, if we want to keep our freedoms recognized, then having gun education, family meets and range facilities is very important!

Since I am already an NRA member, my further contribution goes to NRA-ILA.
Right after I am done having a friend join the NRA, and myself join the 2AF & GOA.
:)

Last edited:

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do your own research, but, you will find, that the NRA donated to Harry Reid's re-election in 2010.

They have done their best to "scrub" the internet of this...but, it is fact. The NRA supported Harry Reid.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do your own research, but, you will find, that the NRA donated to Harry Reid's re-election in 2010.

They have done their best to "scrub" the internet of this...but, it is fact. The NRA supported Harry Reid.

I don't agree with things they've done in the past either, but they are the biggest voice in Washington for gun owners right now, and they have taken a firm stance on no new gun regulations. Other groups like GOA and 2AF deserve our support as well, but ask your non-2a friends if they've heard of either of those two, then ask if they've heard of the NRA. Unless you can go to Washington and lobby Congress yourself, we need to support the people who are doing that on our behalf.

Aside from that, the NRA-PVF are the ones who "support" politicians in elections. Don't like what they've done? Don't donate to them, and write them to let them know you don't agree with their choices, but the NRA-ILA needs our help.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where was the NRA years ago before open carry passed in Oklahoma?? They were silent. They did NOTHING to help get "constitutional" carry passed. I called, visited, and e-mailed the NRA and the NRA-ILA; they sat on their hands.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where was the NRA years ago before open carry passed in Oklahoma?? They were silent. They did NOTHING to help get "constitutional" carry passed. I called, visited, and e-mailed the NRA and the NRA-ILA; they sat on their hands.

I wouldn't be surprised that they didn't get involved in a specific state's issues, they typically only get involved in cases that can effect gun rights nation wide or cases of egregious rights violations like Heller, MacDonald, etc, because they can't afford to. They are the NATIONAL Rifle Association. Things like you describe are for groups like ORA and OK2A, which I think all Oklahoman gun owners should support as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom