Background checks, but not for the reason you think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd have to know more about that BIB outfit doing the background check. Providing one's SS number for a background from a source that is unknown would bother me. If the school demands a background check, offer to get one from the OSBI. While one will still provide them with one's SS #, they are a more reliable source than an unknown company. When we worked at the OSBI, the "Criminal History Report" was $15 and could be shown anytime until another "place" demanded a background check.

Maybe you should ask the Mustang Schools if they will guarantee protection that your SS # is not hijacked and used in nefarious ways?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, the politicians are constantly hammering us with new regulations laws etc. Maybe some whiz kid in congress needs to write a bill requiring anyone running for public office (especially in Washington DC), undergo a complete and through background investigation. Had they had such a law, Obama would have never been a senator or worse, president. With all the “various” kinds of people trying to get into congress and change our country into a Mideastern culture, it would determine who would or would not be fit for public office.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, the politicians are constantly hammering us with new regulations laws etc. Maybe some whiz kid in congress needs to write a bill requiring anyone running for public office (especially in Washington DC), undergo a complete and through background investigation. Had they had such a law, Obama would have never been a senator or worse, president. With all the “various” kinds of people trying to get into congress and change our country into a Mideastern culture, it would determine who would or would not be fit for public office.
I like that a lot

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell them you already had a background check when you got your handgun license.

I've had more than one like that. The FBI for a top secret security clearance back in 1966 when I went into the Army, the OSBI when I applied for employment there, and the concealed carry permit check.

I'd say I was good to go just about anywhere.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. I'd hand them my card and tell them to call the OSBI if they needed anything further or my kid wouldn't go.
The nanny state has gone too far.
Oh I let them know immediately that we weren't attending. At this point, I've also said that Junior isn't going either. It's gonna cost me a lot more than the $24 to protest, with lunch and ice cream and gift shop, but the memories last a long long time.

His teacher said "I'm sorry, nothing I can do about it, but if enough parents complain, maybe something can be done at the administrative level."

Well, actually, this is what was said, but I was paraphrasing.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
661c1fa3bdc561d86d0557d14abd1e4c.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
School probably gets a kickback from BIB for each BG check. OSBI full BG check is $18 but only covers Oklahoma criminal history.

According to the OSBI's website, fees for "name based" criminal histories are $15. It is $19 for "fingerprint based" criminal histories. For clarification, the "fingerprint based" ones require the fingerprints of the individual for whom the history applies. As for the "name based" criminal histories, anyone can request one of those. (Even one's neighbors, friends and enemies.) And yes, the OSBI's records only list any arrests, criminal filings, and dispositions in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom