Background checks, but not for the reason you think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the OSBI's website, fees for "name based" criminal histories are $15. It is $19 for "fingerprint based" criminal histories. For clarification, the "fingerprint based" ones require the fingerprints of the individual for whom the history applies. As for the "name based" criminal histories, anyone can request one of those. (Even one's neighbors, friends and enemies.) And yes, the OSBI's records only list any arrests, criminal filings, and dispositions in Oklahoma.
I don't have any reason to tell you who I am associated with, but in 2018 it was $18 to get background check WITH a search of DOC records for sex offender and violent offender. Now it is $19 if you want the full Oklahoma background.

Regardless my point is the BIB is charging more to do a background check. I really don't care to look into how in depth they look and whether they provide a report of what/where they looked. Look into that if you would like.

Can you search someone ( neighbor, friend or enemy) without an age and social security number? How bout accuracy? Go ahead and search Steven Smith, since you can also search up to 3 alias, add Steve Smith to your search. I am 38 years of age and could be your neighbor.
I will give you a copy of the form.

Attachments

• OSBI_CRIMINAL_HISTORY_REQUEST_fillable_FORM_02-2019.pdf
    137.4 KB · Views: 111

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the OSBI's website, fees for "name based" criminal histories are $15. It is $19 for "fingerprint based" criminal histories. For clarification, the "fingerprint based" ones require the fingerprints of the individual for whom the history applies. As for the "name based" criminal histories, anyone can request one of those. (Even one's neighbors, friends and enemies.) And yes, the OSBI's records only list any arrests, criminal filings, and dispositions in Oklahoma.
I don't have any reason to tell you who I am associated with, but in 2018 it was $18 to get background check WITH a search of DOC records for sex offender and violent offender. Now it is $19 if you want the full Oklahoma background.

Regardless my point is the BIB is charging more to do a background check. I really don't care to look into how in depth they look and whether they provide a report of what/where they looked. Look into that if you would like.

Can you search someone ( neighbor, friend or enemy) without an age and social security number? How bout accuracy? Go ahead and search Steven Smith, since you can also search up to 3 alias, add Steve Smith to your search. I am 38 years of age and could be your neighbor.
I will give you a copy of the form.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, with throwing in the sex offender and violent offender lists, yes, it is more. However, your original comment didn't specify those two lists as part of the criminal history report. As I stated, check the OSBI website and you'll see the amounts that I stated.

As far as searching for someone, a SSAN isn't required, but one would have better results by having that. I don't think finding someone's birthdate is necessarily so hard. Lots of info on the internet can give one an insight to a lot of info about people.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, having that name provided me a free meal once. There was a sports bar up no North May that decided to have a DJ out to entertain the clientele. They called up a guy named Steve Owens and also me, offering a free meal if we would come up that night.

Too bad that I "don't quite" fit the same description of the "known" Terry Miller. Also, I'm not a sports fan, so they got a dumb response of high scoring when they asked what I thought the final score of the upcoming game would be.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is happening again for my next kid. Field trip is coming up. The school is trying to say parents that drive separately to the locale while it is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC will be denied entry. I fully intend to FAFO...

Last edited:

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This is happening again for my next kid. Field trip is coming up. The school is trying to say parents that drive separately to the locale while it is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC will be denied entry. I fully intend to FAFO...
looking more and more like home school is the only option and just let the public schools turn into "racial jungles" as joe biden called them.

his words not mine don't ban.

Latest posts

Top Bottom