bad day at gun show - high prices and hold on background check?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
John Carter, after that crappie movie of yours, you should be glad that all they did was put you on hold.

Sorry, I'm a little weird.

I liked the John Carter Movie.

I thought a holder of a state cc permit negates the background check?

At the ATF seminar that several FFL's attended recently, when that question came up. The FBI agent who spoke about NICs checks said that because getting Oklahoma CC license does not go through the as many back ground checks as the Texas one does, it cannot be used to negate a NICs background check which does use as many as the Texas CC does.

Also not putting your SS# can cause you to be mixed up with someone else with your name that has a checkered past.

MF

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife buys lots of guns. She is the designated gun show shopper. I bought 2 lowers from reddog1 this past weekend thought I would give the NICS another shot. Delayed as usual. Anymore I don't care there is nothing I need so quickly that I can't wait, it just prevents me from doing business with out of town dealers.

NICS information page including phone# for voluntary appeals application to be issued a UPIN
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/general-information/fact-sheet/

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went and couldnt help but notice the pottery, jewlery, and stuff like that. Seemed like it took up 1/3 of the show! My dad got an Eotech for his sig.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked the John Carter Movie.

At the ATF seminar that several FFL's attended recently, when that question came up. The FBI agent who spoke about NICs checks said that because getting Oklahoma CC license does not go through the as many back ground checks as the Texas one does, it cannot be used to negate a NICs background check which does use as many as the Texas CC does.

Also not putting your SS# can cause you to be mixed up with someone else with your name that has a checkered past.

MF
Wait ??What does having a texass cc have to do with buying a weapon in OK?
Dont you have to have an OK ID to buy a weapon in OK?

J

johncarter

i too thought that the movie "john carter" was not good besides they did not pay for the use of my name#$^^#$^#%^

i am just glad to know that i am not the on ly one to ever be denied .... to be honest, i felt ashamed like i had done something..... the dealer said that he once had one on hold anf it turned out that the person had a protective order against them.

so i left wondering what is going on????? i felt like a low life. now i know that i am in good company.

yes i did give my soc number.

so i will just stop shopping out of town dealers.

any suggestions as to where to start looking for a h&r buffalo 45-70 and a m1a? i would prefer used ......

again thanks for chiming in to let me know about our modern world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom