bad day at gun show - high prices and hold on background check?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and i went to the tulsa gun show today, $12.00 to get in the door. i found a polytek m1a but they wanted $1100 FOR IT - WOW!!!!! a couple of soringfield scouts were $1,400 to 1440. just looking for a shooter gun. I saw a couple of garands that had price tags of over $1,000.

found a h&r 45-70 talked them into a reasonabel price they started the asking price more than a new one at bass pro and this one had a chip in the stock..... so they got real with the price ...... filled out the paper work ...... the instant check came back as a hold????? never had that to happen before ...... no background problems as i do have C.C.

the sekler said that this some times happens????@#%^$^^ never to me??????? ever happen to others? any way to check to see why?

ended up going home after that.

Consider yourself lucky that you did not buy the Polytech M1A. The bolts are made of substandard soft steel and are almost as worthless as the Norincos.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You said you found an H&R 45-70 and talked the dealer into a good price? Well, That's what makes it fun is the negotiating!! Keep trying and you'll get good deals sometimes and maybe not other times, Most dealers price high in anticipation of being "jewed down".
I am an FFL dealer and I get delayed when I do a background check on myself?? Go figure that one out? I guess that's our tax dollars at work.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get a hold 75% of the time and I never get a call-back, which makes it pretty much impossible for me to buy a gun at a gun show or from FFLs like Academy, even though the law says that after 3 days I'm good to go. Some FFLs have had pity on me and cleared me after the 3-day wait, but not everyone is willing to do that. I never checked with Sooner Pawn about that. I guess I should. My first, middle and last names are short common names. I guess that's why. Who knows. Punish the good guys while the bad guys continue to do business as usual. I had stopped going to gun shows altogether until Superior Dave started his. For six bucks I'll go to see the crowd, talk to friendly strangers and shop for accessories.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get a hold 75% of the time and I never get a call-back, which makes it pretty much impossible for me to buy a gun at a gun show or from FFLs like Academy, even though the law says that after 3 days I'm good to go. Some FFLs have had pity on me and cleared me after the 3-day wait, but not everyone is willing to do that. I never checked with Sooner Pawn about that. I guess I should. My first, middle and last names are short common names. I guess that's why. Who knows. Punish the good guys while the bad guys continue to do business as usual. I had stopped going to gun shows altogether until Superior Dave started his. For six bucks I'll go to see the crowd, talk to friendly strangers and shop for accessories.
+1 on Superdaves shows...youll just have to start looking for the...used guns, going that route there is no NCIS check....(another "atta boy" for SuperDave")NICs

Latest posts

Top Bottom