Bad experience today with OKC PD!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cops are paid and expected to do good things. It's not news when they do. However, baseless threats at the end of a badge and a gun, constant violations of the constitution, use of unreasonable force, belligerent behavior and stripping good citizens of their freedom and personal property are all news worthy.

No-one here has said that all cops are bad, I know a couple of good ones. If a cop can't handle his emotions he shouldn't have a badge and gun or at least take a day or two off after a tense experience. Those aren't excuses for terrorizing the public.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cops are paid and expected to do good things. It's not news when they do. However, baseless threats at the end of a badge and a gun, constant violations of the constitution, use of unreasonable force, belligerent behavior and stripping good citizens of their freedom and personal property are all news worthy.

No-one here has said that all cops are bad, I know a couple of good ones. If a cop can't handle his emotions he shouldn't have a badge and gun or at least take a day or two off after a tense experience. Those aren't excuses for terrorizing the public.

Very well said!

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So according to the statutes the cops that rounded up the kids in bricktown should be arrested for false arrest and false imprisonment.
Or is it legal to arrest kids for no reason?

Police don't needs "reasons" to do things. Only the good cops let you know why they stopped you.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:scratch: Sorry about your "bad experience" but to say: "I don't like most cops I've met..." is like; stereotyping? C'mon, these folks have a job to do and most ofthe time it's not dealing with nice folks. Plus, it's hot as hell out there. I think a calming, deep breath is in order...

I'd move on to more important things...

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:scratch: Sorry about your "bad experience" but to say: "I don't like most cops I've met..." is like; stereotyping? C'mon, these folks have a job to do and most ofthe time it's not dealing with nice folks. Plus, it's hot as hell out there. I think a calming, deep breath is in order...

The OP is not stereotyping, he's stating that most cops he has met were unlikeable. I have spent a lot of time in my life dealing with the Oklahoma DHS (human services) and I can tell you that almost every case worker I have dealt with is as useless as teets on a boar hog. Is that stereotyping or stating my experiences?

Let's face facts without cop bashing, most cops are very good people, but there is an inordinate number of unqualified personnel in the profession. Many of those got into law enforcement for the sole purpose of exercising authority and that sounds like what the OP is dealing with. Thanks to technology a lot of these people are getting weeded out of the ranks.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think that's where all the butthurt comes from ... These types of threads nearly always have the implication that a prejudice is there to start with and once they run into an officer who has the same type of chip on their shoulder about civilians or just doesn't take crap off civilians, well ... things just kinda roll downhill from there.

I would hate to think what it would be like if the majority of police officers were really like a lot of citizens think the majority of police officers are like ... Yeah, I know ... some of you will have to read that a couple of times to get it.

Cops these days are like white, middle-class American males have been for years ... it's cool to stereotype them and judge them all based on the worst-case scenario.

In the end, if the OP REALLY truly thinks he has been wronged in some way, like others have said, a complaint is in order. Who knows ... maybe he can cause an officer to lose his job ... OR maybe the officer will get a year off with pay while he is being investigated and ultimately cleared of any wrongdoing ... just depends on the circumstances (of which we only have one side right now).

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cops like this should be called what they are: terrorists. There are countless examples of this kind of behavior. The Ohio cop, the round up of kids in Bricktown and this are the three most recent examples, all in the past two weeks or so. And those are just the instances we know of.

"Terrorism" comes from the French word terrorisme,[10] and originally referred specifically to state terrorism as practiced by the French government during the Reign of terror. - http://goo.gl/wP6su

"State terrorism may refer to acts of terrorism conducted by a state against a foreign state or people. It can also refer to widespread acts of violence by a state against its own people." - http://goo.gl/4IfUQ

I don't think an act of violence was threatened in this case. At a minimum, your definition of violence and mine differ significantly. I think there's a solution to your concerns in this particular case:

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f251_irishdame_xanax.jpg

Taken from state statute... :Any person who shall knowingly feed, lodge, clothe, arm, equip in whole or in part, harbor, aid, assist or conceal in any manner any person guilty of any felony, or outlaw, or fugitive from justice, or any person seeking to escape arrest for any felony committed within this state or any other state or territory, shall be guilty of a felony.

So...you are actually obligated to call OCPD and let them know they are there. By not calling, tipping off that the cops were looking for them there, ect... the courts have already ruled that that you are aiding in the concealment of a known felon...and you have committed a felony.

Now let me also say that I don't agree with the way the cop handled the situation but he could file for an arrest warrant on you and could probably get one....just saying.

Mind citing the case reference? I'm assuming you're leaning on the "aid" or "assist" here, since none of the OP's stated actions would come close to meeting any of the other elements. I don't see how confirming something the fugitive already knew and recommending turning themselves in would be considered aiding or assisting. A citizen has no duty to lie for the police. Besides, the fugitive's ascertation that the owner told her the police were looking for her is heresay and not admissible in court. Without an admission from the OP, an arrest for aiding a fugitive would be baseless in this case.

An officer asserting their arrest powers when an arrest isn't warranted is a coersion tool, used to make their job easier. They're expected to get results and what he wanted was better cooperation in the future. Because the OP recognizes that the threat was hollow, it backfired on the officer in this case. Don't forget though, it's not illegal for the police to lie to you, only for you to lie to the police. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom