Bad Luck when ordering Firearms Related Merchandise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes you're the windscreen and sometimes you're the bug - so how does it feel bug?

Actually, I think it just might be that you are on the wrong side of the odds. I have not had bad luck very much - certainly not enough to make me "down" on mail order service in general. In fact, I have had good service from two of the businesses you mentioned - LA Police Gear and Cheaper Than Dirt. I have also sold/bought a great deal of gear on e-bay and GunBroker without a problem.

Don't give up hope - your luck will turn back for you (actually statistically speaking it could just stay bad forever but let's not dwell on that)

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they haven't made you whole, just notify Amazon that you'd like to file an A-Z claim. You'll get all of your money back including shipping. Amazon marketplace sellers are starting to get bad since fees on eBay have gone up and lots of people are bailing. The key is to only buy from "featured sellers" that appear in the top half of the list and usually have a banner ad because they have to maintain a higher standard and are usually better sellers anyway.

They are a featured seller, so I'm hopeful that they will make this right...going to give them one more day, at that point they will have had the shipment back for a full week with no response...thanks for the advice :D

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK... I trust you guys so decided it must be a streak of bad luck. After a few of you guys saying you had a good experience with LAPoliceGear.com, I decided to try again. I contacted them via their support chat to check inventory before ordering. They say they have the same bag in a different color and can have it to me in 5-7 business days. I placed an order so, we'll see how it goes.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are a featured seller, so I'm hopeful that they will make this right...going to give them one more day, at that point they will have had the shipment back for a full week with no response...thanks for the advice :D

Let's hope so. I have a featured seller account for a side business that I started for the wife and whenever we have an issue like that, we refund the same day the item is received back. In some cases where the item is $10 or less, we just tell them to keep the item as well. We also end up accepting returns past normal timeframes and even refunding shipping in some cases. Sure we have written policies about restocking fees, etc... but we value providing good customer service more than money ESPECIALLY when it's our fault. In fact, I cannot for the life of me understand how your seller can even mention additional shipping charges and restocking when they are the ones completely at fault.

Something you should know also is that Amazon just recently this month made a change requiring all sellers to have AT LEAST as favorable of a return policy as direct from Amazon. The A-Z claim will protect you no matter what though and Amazon will mediate it if necessary and in most cases they will just refund your money right away and then determine if the seller was at fault. I'd file the claim at this point and just let Amazon handle it. They are very good about taking care of the customers.

Be careful about booksellers too... always look at their feedback and determine if they are a "drop shipper". You'll see it in their feedback because people will be complaining about getting the wrong item or paying more than the invoice states, etc... I had an experience where one drop shipper actually used my other normal Amazon marketplace account to fullfill an order and then they tried to get a refund stating the book wasn't brand new as described. Well, I contacted the person it was shipped to (the real buyer) and turns out that the drop shipper had sent them one book already but it hadn't arrived so they used me to send another one and when the buyer ended up with both of them, they returned one. The drop shipper then just picked one of us two to try and run a scam on but luckily I had the delivery confirmation details and the email from the actual buyer stating what happened. Ps. She had paid this drop shipper almost double what I charged for the book too so she wasn't happy with them anyway. Oh... and this also happens with booksellers on Barnes and Noble .com too.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's hope so. I have a featured seller account for a side business that I started for the wife and whenever we have an issue like that, we refund the same day the item is received back. In some cases where the item is $10 or less, we just tell them to keep the item as well. We also end up accepting returns past normal timeframes and even refunding shipping in some cases. Sure we have written policies about restocking fees, etc... but we value providing good customer service more than money ESPECIALLY when it's our fault. In fact, I cannot for the life of me understand how your seller can even mention additional shipping charges and restocking when they are the ones completely at fault.

Something you should know also is that Amazon just recently this month made a change requiring all sellers to have AT LEAST as favorable of a return policy as direct from Amazon. The A-Z claim will protect you no matter what though and Amazon will mediate it if necessary and in most cases they will just refund your money right away and then determine if the seller was at fault. I'd file the claim at this point and just let Amazon handle it. They are very good about taking care of the customers.

Be careful about booksellers too... always look at their feedback and determine if they are a "drop shipper". You'll see it in their feedback because people will be complaining about getting the wrong item or paying more than the invoice states, etc... I had an experience where one drop shipper actually used my other normal Amazon marketplace account to fullfill an order and then they tried to get a refund stating the book wasn't brand new as described. Well, I contacted the person it was shipped to (the real buyer) and turns out that the drop shipper had sent them one book already but it hadn't arrived so they used me to send another one and when the buyer ended up with both of them, they returned one. The drop shipper then just picked one of us two to try and run a scam on but luckily I had the delivery confirmation details and the email from the actual buyer stating what happened. Ps. She had paid this drop shipper almost double what I charged for the book too so she wasn't happy with them anyway. Oh... and this also happens with booksellers on Barnes and Noble .com too.

First. Sorry about hi-jacking someone else's thread.
Second. HMFIC you sound like you're too good to your customers (not a bad thing), but yeah, I was willing to eat the shipping cost...until I contacted them and ups...they charged about twice actual shipping cost for the outgoing, and they want to charge the same for the return...UPS's official policy is that they do not charge for undeliverable returns.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First. Sorry about hi-jacking someone else's thread.
Second. HMFIC you sound like you're too good to your customers (not a bad thing), but yeah, I was willing to eat the shipping cost...until I contacted them and ups...they charged about twice actual shipping cost for the outgoing, and they want to charge the same for the return...UPS's official policy is that they do not charge for undeliverable returns.

Ya... I'm sorry for the hijack too. :)

Hope it works out, I'm confident that Amazon will treat you right. They are an actual company with their own inventory and business to run too unlike eBay so they care about their customers and hold sellers to account.

I do probably overdo it sometimes when it comes to trying to be a good seller, but then again I don't make too many mistakes so it's not often that I have to make up for them. Besides, it pays in the long run and I sleep better anyway.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got it in!!!! it's this one in coyote brown. http://www.lapolicegear.com/jumbo-bailout-bag.html. I plan to use it as an everyday bag (laptop, couple papers for work, etc.) rather than a range bag. It's kind of overkill for what I'm using it for but I'm planning to stock it up with ammo, magazines and such then just throw my laptop in it so I'll have my BOB with me all the time. ROCKA!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom