Bad Luck when ordering Firearms Related Merchandise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I just on a streak of bad luck or is this something I have to look forward to as a recent inductee to the firearms community?

I've been experiencing HORRIBLE service when purchasing firearms related merchandise from online vendors? It's not just the online community. I own an Internet marketing firm and deal with not just local businesses advertising on the web but with online vendors all day, every day. I rarely have a poor experience.

-- Few months ago ordered Springfield XDsc. Was supposed to be here in 3 days. Took two weeks.

-- Shortly after that ordered Crossbreed holster and they couldn't even make their ridiculously long 6 week date. It took 7 weeks.

-- Two weeks before fathers day my wife ordered a range bag that Cheaper than Dirt promoted in an email. Week after fathers day got an email saying it was out of stock and refunding the purchase. (3weeks to tell us that)

-- Next day she ordered a similar bag from LAPoliceGear.com. Kept being told it would ship by end of week (over and over). A reply today to her yesterday email said they hoped to have it in stock by end of August. Remember, she ordered it the week after father's day and just now go told this.

-- I ordered a GripPod from an Ebay seller. It was supposed to arrive on Monday but instead, on Monday I received an email saying it'd wouldn't be shipped until today. (at least this one emailed to let me know so I told him that'd be fine).

-- The one thing I've gotten and gotten on time was a Blackhawk Serpa CQC that I ordered from Amazon.

I guess I have to go to department stores to order this stuff because it seems that sellers in the firearms world can't come through. Or at least that's how it seems lately. I wonder if it's just folks who know and like firearms and the firearms industry but don't know business and customer service. What ever happened to under promise and over deliver. It seems lately like I've experienced over promise and Never deliver.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are all just junkies and the "product" is in short supply. Dont blame the dealer blame the game. lol jk

I bought a 1911 off of centerfire systems.com and I had to walk over hot coals to get them a payment w/o being charged the cred card fee.

I got them a cashier's check that was guaranteed and was told it would ship the very next day. Called the next day just to make sure everything was going as planned and possibly get a tracking # or something and was told they would sit on the check for another 14 days before mailing my gun now. No one called me or anything....

I almost blew my lid however the manage rectified everything, pulled some strings, and I had my baby in about 4 days.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am ordering a new stock next week when it goes on 1/2 price sale and am very upset that it isn't here yet!
I'm even going to pay by credit card once I get the balance paid off and they will unfreeze my spending
Hope they don't charge me for shipping because if they do I am sending it back COD.

Yes I know this all sounds stupid but really does happen.
We live in a world of got to have it yesterday but most on line dealers drop ship their merchandise and have no idea what is in stock
Have you ever ordered something and then been told that you were looking at an old ad and the price has gone up? That happens too.
It may be a good deal until you order your hunting rifle on the first day of hunting season and it gets here on the last.

:rant:

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever ordered something and then been told that you were looking at an old ad and the price has gone up? That happens too.
This is my pet peeve...it's the internet, it's not like I can keep an old outdated add to order from...all they have to do is kill the webpage.

I'm currently trying to deal with an amazon partner who shipped an item to the wrong address, tried to charge me more than the original shipping to switch it to the right address, then had UPS just return it to them when ups offered to correct the address if notified by the shipper. Now they have had the item back for a week and are telling me that the fees for shipping, return shipping and restocking are more than the amount I paid, but it's ok they won't bill me extra for not giving me what I ordered I just have to call and order it again if I want it.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had an order for 7.62x51 American Eagle at JGSales.com that was marked as a special order and could take an indefinite amount of time to process. I placed the order back in January or February and last I checked a month ago it's still processing. I was aware of the special order status before I ordered, but after 6-7 months I'm getting a little bored with waiting and my .308 stock is running low so I've refused to shoot my AR for the last couple of months.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the same problems with those same sites... I like to buy from the small shops when I can but Amazon is definitely the most reliable.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my pet peeve...it's the internet, it's not like I can keep an old outdated add to order from...all they have to do is kill the webpage.

I'm currently trying to deal with an amazon partner who shipped an item to the wrong address, tried to charge me more than the original shipping to switch it to the right address, then had UPS just return it to them when ups offered to correct the address if notified by the shipper. Now they have had the item back for a week and are telling me that the fees for shipping, return shipping and restocking are more than the amount I paid, but it's ok they won't bill me extra for not giving me what I ordered I just have to call and order it again if I want it.

If they haven't made you whole, just notify Amazon that you'd like to file an A-Z claim. You'll get all of your money back including shipping. Amazon marketplace sellers are starting to get bad since fees on eBay have gone up and lots of people are bailing. The key is to only buy from "featured sellers" that appear in the top half of the list and usually have a banner ad because they have to maintain a higher standard and are usually better sellers anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom