Bad paint job by my local gunshop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And the worse part about it besides the pathetic paint job is that he said he did it on his own time and took 50 bucks and gave the shop 30. The whole thing really makes me mad. I don't like being a jerk to people but he straight took advantage of me. And I do business there all the time. And to make excuses as to why it had so many problems. The more I talk about it the madder I get.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stickman advised me to get carb cleaner for the metal parts, wipe it down. Soak your rattle can in semi-hot water and paint it. Spray light/thin layers. If you want a camo job, he suggested using cotton balls to patter the gun. Good Luck!!!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And the worse part about it besides the pathetic paint job is that he said he did it on his own time and took 50 bucks and gave the shop 30. The whole thing really makes me mad. I don't like being a jerk to people but he straight took advantage of me. And I do business there all the time. And to make excuses as to why it had so many problems. The more I talk about it the madder I get.

While it sucks sometimes you just have to chalk it up to experience. If I were you I wouldn't give him a second chance to screw something up. Cause if you take back in and complain and demand that he do it over he could really jack with your rifle. Your best bet is to just inform everyone here about the chitty job he did. Or you could go in and go postal and cause a big scene.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While you can do a good enough looking job with spray paint, it won't last, even with 5 coats of clear coat...ask me how I know LOL. The Lauer brand duracoat is fairly easy to use, not real expensive, and stays put way better than spray paint. Just my $.02! :)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While it sucks sometimes you just have to chalk it up to experience. If I were you I wouldn't give him a second chance to screw something up. Cause if you take back in and complain and demand that he do it over he could really jack with your rifle. Your best bet is to just inform everyone here about the chitty job he did. Or you could go in and go postal and cause a big scene.
I hear what your saying. I'm an easy going guy and wouldn't want to to cause a scene. I should have said something then but was too nervous to. I hate being this way. I just don't like confrontation. Just the way I have always been. Guess that's why I get taken advantage of easily. But I agree, if the first job was this bad, why would the second be any better? I already have to pry my dust cover off. Maybe I need to have it sandblasted and take all the paint off. I don't even know if paint thinner would do it with aluma hyde paint being used. It's pretty thick stuff.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry you got taken on this deal.

I have never cared for BDC, and have said so a few times on this forum while others have defended them.

This is just more confirmation to me that I never want to give them my business.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Duracoat has a new spray can out no mixing required, I just used it on ar15 lower and barrel, turned out pretty good I think. If paint thinner wont remove it, Jasco "Paint and Epoxy" remover will work, took the old duracoat off my lower, but def. use gloves, it burns like hell if it gets on you. If you want any help cleaning it up just pm me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom