bald eagles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While doing a little fishing and camping this weekend at Lake McMurtry NE of Stillwater, I saw a pair of bald eagles. Tried to get pics but they looked like little black dots. I know there is a nest up at Sooner but these were the first I'd seen this close town.

The nest at sooner is a World wide hit with the cams put on the nest. One can watch the mom lay the eggs, and nurture the young into adulthood.

We normally have a dozen or so eagles that use the lake. Most nest on the Arkansas River that is near by.

Unfortunately, last year, one egg didn't hatch and the other fledgling fell out of the nest and died just days before it was ready to fly.

The video is sponsored by several businesses. When it gets back to nesting season, I'll post a link.
Schools all over the world use this as a training tool.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The nest at sooner is a World wide hit with the cams put on the nest. One can watch the mom lay the eggs, and nurture the young into adulthood.

We normally have a dozen or so eagles that use the lake. Most nest on the Arkansas River that is near by.

Unfortunately, last year, one egg didn't hatch and the other fledgling fell out of the nest and died just days before it was ready to fly.

The video is sponsored by several businesses. When it gets back to nesting season, I'll post a link.
Schools all over the world use this as a training tool.

I've followed this the past couple of years. Very cool!

Lotahp1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isnt there a huge deal about them every year at lake Arcadia? Im not sure what I saw the other day hear in NNW OKC but it was a huge eagle with a white head. Id call it a bald eagle but just didnt expect to see it where it was. Still not sure? I even brought a scoped gun out just to look. (I had my binocs packed and gun was in the truck from when I took to sight in for deer season. UNLOADED) Interesting stuff though.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work with a guy that has a golden eagle. Not a bald eagle. He was huge in to falconry and him and his group went way north somewhere and got permits to trap them. Now it is his pet and is trained. Its pretty cool to watch it take off and catch a rabbit when he takes it hunting. I'll post a couple pics of it in a little bit.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have a good recipe, but.........

The bald eagle is protected by several state and federal laws, each with stiff penalties. The Eagle Protection Act, which protects bald and golden eagles, combined with the Criminal Fines Improvement Act of 1987, can cause violators to spend one year in jail or be fined $100,000 on a misdemeanor charge. A second consecutive violation is considered a felony with two years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. It is illegal to pursue, harm, harass, take or attempt to take, possess, sell, purchase or transport eagles, eagle parts or their eggs.

fine, party pooper! :talk2hand:

Latest posts

Top Bottom