bald eagles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While doing a little fishing and camping this weekend at Lake McMurtry NE of Stillwater, I saw a pair of bald eagles. Tried to get pics but they looked like little black dots. I know there is a nest up at Sooner but these were the first I'd seen this close town.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw one several years ago while sitting on stand at the lease near Cookson. Was only about 30 yards from it. Was amazed at how big they actually are. Beautiful thing to see.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are huge aren't they? I'm like you, until I saw one on the ground at 40 yards, I never realized how big they were. We used to spotlight pigs on a wheat pasture in the winter and would just leave the hogs lay. Within a day or two the eagles would start piling in. At one time there were 7 full sized bald eagles all standing there in a circle around a dead pig, man it was beautiful.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are huge aren't they? I'm like you, until I saw one on the ground at 40 yards, I never realized how big they were. We used to spotlight pigs on a wheat pasture in the winter and would just leave the hogs lay. Within a day or two the eagles would start piling in. At one time there were 7 full sized bald eagles all standing there in a circle around a dead pig, man it was beautiful.

so why were you baiting and spotlight hunting the eagles......
just a reminder don't spot light and shoot the eagles people. i'm sure you will get in trouble for that. it pairs up there with unlimited snow owl hunts i'm sure. ;)

just kidding. i have been at sooner lake and seen one on the bank tearing up a fish while fishing about 30yds from it or so. awesome looking bird!!!!

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good bald eagle recipes? Mine always turn out too tough or too salty. Thinking about rubbin em with Cavendars and slow cooking em. There used to be alot out here by me, but I keep overcookin em and you can only practice so many times before you run out.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have a good recipe, but.........

The bald eagle is protected by several state and federal laws, each with stiff penalties. The Eagle Protection Act, which protects bald and golden eagles, combined with the Criminal Fines Improvement Act of 1987, can cause violators to spend one year in jail or be fined $100,000 on a misdemeanor charge. A second consecutive violation is considered a felony with two years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. It is illegal to pursue, harm, harass, take or attempt to take, possess, sell, purchase or transport eagles, eagle parts or their eggs.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of subject, but around here a few years ago, I saw a chicken farm with a HUGE pile of dead chickens outside one of his houses. Later on I heard that he didn't do anything with them, and that a bunch of bald eagles got botulism from eating out of the pile. Not sure thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom