BBQ Smoked Cabbage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love me some cabbage. Its listed as a power food so really healthy. I love to use my treager pellet grill also so we will definitely try this.
Thanks for sharing!

I'm thinking the onions sauteed in bacon and the butter probably offset the "healthy" aspect. lol

Not that that would stop me, mind you... jus' sayin'. ;)

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking the onions sauteed in bacon and the butter probably offset the "healthy" aspect. lol

Not that that would stop me, mind you... jus' sayin'. ;)

I par fried some bacon and I cut off the top of the cabbage so I could open it up a little bit and I shoved the bacon strips in there then smoked it, I then put a little garlic and horseradish mixed into some melted butter and drizzled it over the top covered it with foil and baked it for 20 minutes and served with homemade venison bratwurst.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditto. I will try this soon.

I love cabbage. I have eaten cabbage sandwiches. One half inch thick slice of raw cabbage and two slices of bread with a little butter. Mmmm!!!

Does any of you guys peel the core and eat it too? It is good

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I par fried some bacon and I cut off the top of the cabbage so I could open it up a little bit and I shoved the bacon strips in there then smoked it, I then put a little garlic and horseradish mixed into some melted butter and drizzled it over the top covered it with foil and baked it for 20 minutes and served with homemade venison bratwurst.

The horseradish might be a great addition. Love that stuff too. :D

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like cabbage done certain ways but I've been around too many guys who have stuffed themselves with cabbage and spent the next two days off gassing. I would think smoked/BBQ cabbage would have even worse side effects.

I will say that's the weirdest item I've heard of being grilled or smoked, even weirder than one of my favorites... grilled salad!

Grilled salad - cut head of very cold romaine lettuce in half. Drizzle the cut surface of the lettuce with olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt. Lay cut side of romaine down over an extremely hot fire just long enough to sear the lettuce lightly. Remove from heat and immediately shave Parmesan over it so the residual heat in the lettuce starts to warm the cheese or (my favorite) sprinkle blue cheese over the grilled lettuce, fresh ground black pepper and salad dressing of your choice. (I like making my own dressing out of avocado, fire roasted Chile's, buttermilk)...basically a creamy, smooth, smokey, tangy dressing. You can get wild with it, I've done several different variations. The grilled lettuce done correctly is amazing. Just don't grill the lettuce too long or it will get bitter and gross. It should be smokey flavored not burnt flavored.

Latest posts

Top Bottom