Being a 'Good Samaritan'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Most." Do the ones who don't want to leave witnesses wear a special sign around their necks so you can identify them before they decide to start killing people?

Let's say I'm a 18 year old kid working at 7/11 nightshift. Some jackass gangsta comes in a points a gun at my head and tells me to give him the cash. I do so, and just as he is preparing to get out of Dodge, some ******* in the background decides to play hero fantasy and pulls a gun.

You can justify it all you want, but I think that makes the situation worse not better. If he comes in shooting or threatens you, by all means defend yourself.

Each situation is different so Its ultimately up to your judgment. But I feel we should take care that when we choose to intervene in a situation that does not involve ourselves, that we have adopted a responsiblility for what becomes of that situation.

You do what you want, I personally would take a more cautious approach.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Let's say I'm a 18 year old kid working at 7/11 nightshift. Some jackass gangsta comes in a points a gun at my head and tells me to give him the cash. I do so, and just as he is preparing to get out of Dodge, some ******* in the background decides to play hero fantasy and pulls a gun.

You can justify it all you want, but I think that makes the situation worse not better. If he comes in shooting or threatens you, by all means defend yourself.

Each situation is different so Its ultimately up to your judgment. But I feel we should take care that when we choose to intervene in a situation that does not involve ourselves, that we have adopted a responsiblility for what becomes of that situation.

You do what you want, I personally would take a more cautious approach.

Self righteous because you think you're whatever enough to pass judgement on what is responsible and what is not IN ALL CASES all by your little lonesome.

It's just what you think, just like you said. Not fact.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Self righteous because you think you're whatever enough to pass judgement on what is responsible and what is not IN ALL CASES all by your little lonesome.

It's just what you think, just like you said. Not fact.

I was making a general statement, and of course it's just my opinion. I personally would not intervene in such a situation and think it would be wreckless in most cases.

Having said that, the individual would have to exercise his judgment of the situation.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was making a general statement, and of course it's just my opinion. I personally would not intervene in such a situation and think it would be wreckless in most cases.

Having said that, the individual would have to exercise his judgment of the situation.
Wreckless is good. I hate when there's a wreck.

Let's hope the individual isn't reckless in his judgment, like you're being in stating near-absolutes in response to a highly-dynamic hypothetical with nearly uncountable unforeseeable variables.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My marksmanship is not affected by my physical issues. I am a fairly decent shot, and part of my drills lately have practicing with my cane. My mobility is moderately affected, and there is the problem. While others might very well be able to get out of harm's way, I would have a more difficult time doing so. My best bet, like you say, might be to get behind some type of nearby cover and/or concealment and if I can, engage the bad guy.

Please understand that I hope this does not happen.

I don't think any sane person would hope it happens. :)

I brought that particular point up because defensive tactics can sometimes include offensive maneuvering to gain a tactical advantage. Seeing as that would be difficult for you at best, I'd focus on marksmanship and supported shooting positions that take advantage of your stability aids. Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Latest posts

Top Bottom