Bench pics and a couple of questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off here are a couple of pictures of my bench build in progress. simple setup still got some finishing up to do. if you guys see any issues with my bench build please let me know.
now for the first question. lighting, what kind of lighting are you guys using on your benches and are there any issues I need to watch out for IE, electricity near powder?
and second question is concerning software I have been doing lots of searches looks like the lee software is not available anymore and I am not ready to drop 150 on the quickload software so that leaves the source forge software "reloaders reference" has anyone used this software and is it reliable? I really just want to be able to track the loads and results. thanks for your help.

bench1.jpgbench2.jpgbench4.jpgbench5.jpg

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I would go for more shelves. I stick with overhead lighting, has always been enough for me. As far as tracking loads, I'm old school. I use a notebook and a pen. If I wanted to make an electronic log, I would make an excel spreadsheet.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any wobble or movement is your enemy.
You may think of another bench just for measuring powder.
Just saying that because all the press movement wreaks havoc on scale consistency.
Be nice if you could bolt them to the wall..As i noticed the tile floor..so floor fastening is out.
Any drafts coming in the window will make a beam scale move.
Do not know what kind of scale you use..
Some fluorescent lights will screw with the electronic scales..

Other than more storage it looks good to me..I noticed you screwed it together..thumbs up on that.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check if you haven't to see where your mounting bolts come out on the bottom.
Make sure they're not lined up with that support board/brace going across the front under the top.

Don't ask me why I question that...... :screwy:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
That's more than what I started with. But you'll outgrow it.

Nice thing about having built your own: when you do need more space, you can build another exactly like it.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips , this is just my starter bench for now , i will be putting up a new building next year with more room but i am limited on space for now. Yep measured the overhang 3 times and did a test fit. Thanks for all the advice

Latest posts

Top Bottom