Bench pics and a couple of questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should have made it 3X longer, there's never enough room on mine and it is over 6' long

Yep. At least it looks like you have plenty of room to expand. You will outgrow that quickly. Four-foot fluorescent light overhead on mine. Software? We don't need no stinking software! I probably have a dozen different reloading manuals, and I keep notes in a variety of notebooks as well as inside the ammo boxes. And, oh yeah ... more shelves!

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A storage cabinet beside would make up for a shelf. I like to attach mine to the wall behind the bench. Looks good. I made a new on last year and welded angle iron for the frame. I was going to make some shelves a part of it but I just put shelves behind it on the wall. I did put a large shelf below it.

I made mine kinda tall. I can sit on a tall stoll or even stand up and load. I liked that. I end up standing up and loading more than I thought I would. I keeps my legs from going to sleep.

Mine is five feet long. That is the lenght that fit.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah this one is 41.5 inches to the table top so just right for a barstool or standing to load. that is another question I had, what are you guys using for powder storage? I thought about getting one of those stack on cabinets for powder/primer storage, any better ideas? and I guess from everyones posts I need more shelfs. :thumb:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
yeah this one is 41.5 inches to the table top so just right for a barstool or standing to load. that is another question I had, what are you guys using for powder storage? I thought about getting one of those stack on cabinets for powder/primer storage, any better ideas? and I guess from everyones posts I need more shelfs. :thumb:

I use the shelf under my bench for my powder. I put primers in ammo cans, and set them on the floor under the bench, along with all my brass. Dies / Bullets / Tools go on the shelf with the powder.

Mine's a 6ft table, and if I didn't have a storage cabinet to put extra supplies / tools in, I'd be in a bind.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_4c087c81.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I just have a cabinet for powder, etc that I can lock.
This is a 2 year old pic the day I started stocking it. Trust me on this, I need another one like this or bigger!

image-1970735932.jpg

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1171.photobucket.com_albums_r554_drewjordan_IMAG0017_zps521315f3.jpg

I built mine out of an 8 foot section of plywood. If I could, I would have more space. I like a clean work area because I believe it leads to less possibilities for errors.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nice, I hope to one day get to the level you guys are at now. I know i have a ways to go but you guys are giving me some great ideas. thanks for sharing your experiences and pictures of your benches. I will be stealing some of your ideas.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a pic if my setup. Plenty of shelf storage and work space. This is also where I tinker with making holsters(oven and press to the right). This is setup at my office so I will reload whenever I want to during the day or before heading home I will sit down for an hour and load. The more shelf space the better!! As far as lighting? I have floods on the ceiling that I can turn on if I'm not getting enough light from the window over my bench or the 2x4 fluorescents in the room. I have an 8' long top shelf for powder primers an bullets, a second one for all the stuff reloaded, and 30" deep top to keep all my heads and primers close to the reloaders.

i432.photobucket.com_albums_qq49_rzmwurk_107DEB31_6C32_49E6_9E51fcdc2578feb922660b6efd8536017b.jpg

As far as software, I don't use any. I loaded test loads and just kept track on paper how they preformed and went with what shot best out of my guns. I load about 4 different loads or 9mm, and one of those is the happy medium that shot well from everything that I do most of my loading at.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About how I started:

i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_Misc_Junk_LeeLoader.jpg

About where I was recently before giving it all away:

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom