Beretta Px4Storm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother in law has this gun. He broke it down sorta (slide off, barrel out, but didn't disassemble all the slide components). Anyway, he put it back together and I noticed that if the safety is on, when he jacks the slide back it won't keep the hammer back. When he lets it go forward the hammer falls as well and it sounds like a dry fire. If the safety is off, then the hammer will stay back like it should. He's not sure if it was like that before or not, and I'm not familiar with the gun.

So, the question is if we do that with a loaded mag in, will it load a bullet and blast it off too if we have it on saftey?

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother in law has this gun. He broke it down sorta (slide off, barrel out, but didn't disassemble all the slide components). Anyway, he put it back together and I noticed that if the safety is on, when he jacks the slide back it won't keep the hammer back. When he lets it go forward the hammer falls as well and it sounds like a dry fire. If the safety is off, then the hammer will stay back like it should. He's not sure if it was like that before or not, and I'm not familiar with the gun.

So, the question is if we do that with a loaded mag in, will it load a bullet and blast it off too if we have it on saftey?

The answer to your question is no, the gun will not fire and it is working as designed. Your brother-in-law has an "F" model. The safety lever is also a decocker. If you have the hammer cocked and put the safety on, the hammer will drop. You cannot carry the pistol "cocked and locked" like a 1911. It is designed to be carried so the first shot is double action and subsequent shots are single action. There is also a "G" model where the lever is spring loaded and is only a decocker, not a safety. There is a firing pin block - if you dry fire the gun, look on the top of the slide for a small cylinder that rises and falls as you pull the trigger.

The "F" model can be converted to a "G" if one doesn't want the manual safety. To me, a manual safety on a DA pistol is redundant, but that is a whole other thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom