Best barrel for Cobra M2 9mm suppressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you attempt to any threading for a silencer you need to make sure that the threads are concentric to the bore and not the outside of the barrel. I think YHM has the threading specs on their website if that helps.

Oh I gotcha there. I mean extending an existing barrel for the purpose of threading, as opposed to buying a longer one to thread, or already threaded. I have a gun that no one makes an extended barrel for, that I am very fond of, so extending the barrel seems like a great option.

I'm all about concentric. I work with specs as loose as +/- .002" to as tight as +/- .0002". Your hair is between .003" to .007".

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I gotcha there. I mean extending an existing barrel for the purpose of threading, as opposed to buying a longer one to thread, or already threaded. I have a gun that no one makes an extended barrel for, that I am very fond of, so extending the barrel seems like a great option.

I'm all about concentric. I work with specs as loose as +/- .002" to as tight as +/- .0002". Your hair is between .003" to .007".

Yea, I get where your coming from. There is a misconception that the od and id of barrels are exactly parallel so they'll chuck up the barrel on a lathe and check for tru on the outside. Threads for a silencer will need to be tru'd on the lathe to the bore. when you add another set of threads beyond the ones you'll need to put on the barrel those will need to be concentric to the bore also. So when you make your extension thread it on barrel too.

If you get good at it let us know!

Latest posts

Top Bottom