Best "Casual" Steak House in the OKC metro area.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My Cattlemen's review wasn't just a "one and done" attempt. We tried it three times over about two years. T-Bone and the ribeye twice. It's just not good beef imo. I can only relate it to friend who's family raises longhorns. We've eaten steaks several times there at get togethers and it's random on toughness, but has minimal flavor every time, just like Cattlemen's. Two best restaurant steaks I've eaten was at Gibson's in Chicago and Le Cellier Steakhouse in Orlando which is actually in Epcot Disney World lol. Gibson's is the best though, especially if you're into 70+ day dry aged beef. Texas Roadhouse or Saltgrass along I35 in Moore are about as good as it gets around here other than at home.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ate a Ruth's CHRIS in Chicago one time many years ago. It was the best, and most expensive ribeye I've ever had.

Fortunately it was on the company's dime.

The second best steak ever was at Morton's of Chicago, in Houston, once again on the company's dime, and the best service I've ever had in a restaurant.
The wife and I each had a steak at Ruth's Chris in Chicago on February 15, 1999. We were in Chicago doing a drapery job. We tried to do a walk-in on Valentine's Day on the 14th, but they were just too busy.

The second time we ate at Ruth's was in Denver in 2006 when we did a drapery job for the same people we did in Chicago when they moved.

It would be nice if they opened a Ruth's here in OKC, but they'd have some stiff competition from Cattleman's!

I concur with the Cattleman's in Stockyards City for a local steak, and Ken's Steak and Ribs in Amber if a short drive is not out of the question. Speakin' of Cattleman's, We'll be going there this coming Sunday for my annual birthday steak!

Woody

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I each had a steak at Ruth's Chris in Chicago on February 15, 1999. We were in Chicago doing a drapery job. We tried to do a walk-in on Valentine's Day on the 14th, but they were just too busy.

The second time we ate at Ruth's was in Denver in 2006 when we did a drapery job for the same people we did in Chicago when they moved.

It would be nice if they opened a Ruth's here in OKC, but they'd have some stiff competition from Cattleman's!

I concur with the Cattleman's in Stockyards City for a local steak, and Ken's Steak and Ribs in Amber if a short drive is not out of the question. Speakin' of Cattleman's, We'll be going there this coming Sunday for my annual birthday steak!

Woody

Happy Birthday!! 😘

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to do Cattlemen's on a pretty regular basis and had good luck. Not great every time, but good. Toward the end, the quality just wasn't there anymore. We started to do Texas Roadhouse instead. The steaks are good there, albeit you can still get some that aren't the greatest. But that's kind of the nature of steak. And it's a little cheaper than Cattlemen's. I don't dislike Cattlemen's and would definitely go there, but I don't feel it's worth any premium price over Texas Roadhouse.

Good luck!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Texas Roadhouse. IMO they have some of the best steaks you can get for a reasonable price and it sure ain't fancy.
I don't know about OKC but in Tulsa, Texas Roadhouse is without doubt the best steaks in town, and at a much more reasonable price, than most steak houses! Like EVERYTHING ELSE the cost of serving steaks has gone through the roof! Many Restaurants have resorted to serving a lower GRADE BEEF, and/or SUBSITING CHEAPER CUTS,, EVEN THE ELITE STEAKHOUSES, IN SOME CASES. I have never had a bad, or substitute stake, at Texas Road House!

Latest posts

Top Bottom