Best "Casual" Steak House in the OKC metro area.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
well for "casual" steaks, your best bet is definitely homemade.

nothing beats a salted new york strip hitting that 400 F cast iron and searing in that goodness. 1 minute per side, flip once, another minute. then add butter, garlic, and some rosemary twigs. flip back over for 1 minute of each side while slathering that butter goodness all over, done.

however

if you want casual steak in okc without breaking the bank, cimmaron or cattlemens' lunch steak was by far the best deal. i think cimmaron is gone; cattlemens still going but haven't been there in a long time.

i tried McClintock's but i didn't get steak, so not sure how there's is. i do suspect it to be a bit more expensive than cattlemens' lunch steak.

juniors and jamille's are great.

i used to like ol' willie's place Texas Roadhouse. but the last time i went there, my experience was just horrible. the food was horrible overcooked (which i admit it's usually really good), our server did nothing but talk to the table next to us (they were clearly an employee off duty), and we never got a drink we ordered.

never going back; all it takes is once for me. making a steak at home is about the easiest dang thing you can cook.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who references commercial chains and redrock, I will have to disregard your restaurant advice.
Longhorn, Texas roadhouse etc, meh.

While I have never had a bad steak at cattlemans the best steaks I have ever had around OKC were at Ranch Steakhouse and Mickey Mantle’s.
He said nowhere fancy...

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
My two rules when eating out:
Always be nice and don’t complain to your waitress/waiter.
Never send your plate back to the kitchen. Never.
I am always nice and polite to the service, but I will tell them when something's jacked up - politely.

I will send a plate back if it's FUBAR in two seconds flat. I don't eat half the plate and send it back, like half the people I've seen here do, but if I take a bite, and if it's F'd up, it will go back. I will order something else or starve if I think they're gonna spit in it.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who references commercial chains and redrock, I will have to disregard your restaurant advice.
Longhorn, Texas roadhouse etc, meh.

He said nowhere fancy...
What would be your recommendation for a non commercial, nowhere fancy, not redrock restaurant for a good steak?

Latest posts

Top Bottom