Best catfish in the state.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're ever down Hugo way, there's a place called Fish Tales on OK 93'twixt US 70 and Rattan. It's about 4 miles north of 70. All you can eat. If you get bad service, blame yourself, because it's all self serve. They're only open on Friday and Saturday. It's high quality fish, none of the black stuff in it that a lot of restaurants don't remove.

I won't say it's the best in the state, 'cause I've still got a few places to sample, but it's better than most.

But the very best I've ever eaten was blue cat, caught in the Kiamichi River just below Hugo Dam. I'd always heard blues were worse than channel or flathead, but I don't believe it anymore.

[Broken External Image]

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[QUOTEBakers fish house between Wagoner and Muskogee on highway 69][/QUOTE]

Thats it... right there.. also their onion rings.... man-o-man

Dont forget the frog legs out of this world MMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Bakers is DANG good. I dont know if its the best , but , if you like catfish , onion rings or frog legs you wont leave there unhappy. The onion rings may very well be the best in the state.

Makinit

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to be McGeehes, but last ten years or so I think they've slacked. I have not tried Fish Tails outside of Tish, best I hear around down here south now, but last time for me was at BGs in Kingston. Big, thick fillets. Ice cream and peach cobler for dessert. Bring your empty belly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom