Best Holsters? Thumb safety or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErichS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on good brands for appendix carrying. Want to start carrying with one in the chamber and have an sig 365 and macro without safety’s… Plan on acquiring a Glock 43x or a Springfield hellcat soon.

Second question… if you carry with one in the chamber do you use a manual safety or no? And why?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
stare-finger.gif

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only pistols that I'll carry with the safety on are my 1911 and Hi Power. Everything else either doesn't have one or are DA/SA with the hammer down. Hell, my SP-01 will only let you engage the safety with the hammer back, but the safety spring/detent are too soft so it disengages really easy so hammer down it is.

All of my holsters are from KT Mech (kydex, retention on the light), but I carry OWB and I don't think they make AIWB. I've had a Glock 43 and hated it. Now my little gun is a Hellcat and I really like it.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Crossbreed Freedom Carry appendix holster for my Hellcat RDP. It is a nice holster that works great. I have a little too much belly fat for it to be comfortable over the long haul so I generally carry OWB with a cover

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thumb safety ? I know some will disagree...but I prefer that all my handguns have a thumb safety for consistency. I ALWAYS carry 1 in the chamber and cocked and locked. When dry firing, practicing, etc....taking the safety off is just an integral part of the draw each and every time......muscle memory habit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom