Best Holsters? Thumb safety or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on good brands for appendix carrying. Want to start carrying with one in the chamber and have an sig 365 and macro without safety’s… Plan on acquiring a Glock 43x or a Springfield hellcat soon.

Second question… if you carry with one in the chamber do you use a manual safety or no? And why?
Find what feels right to you, Practice practice and more practice. I always carry full loaded with one in the tube, no matter if it is my glock o17 or colt goldcup 1911. Also being aware of anyone around your strong side! Personal space.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve appendix carried a j frame Smith, a G43, and a G30s. None of the guns have safeties, and all of my holsters are open top friction retention types.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
thumb safety ? I know some will disagree...but I prefer that all my handguns have a thumb safety for consistency. I ALWAYS carry 1 in the chamber and cocked and locked. When dry firing, practicing, etc....taking the safety off is just an integral part of the draw each and every time......muscle memory habit.
Until you buy a Smith, 59 then it's flicked up instead of down.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Until you buy a Smith, 59 then it's flicked up instead of down.
That’s why I sold my Walther PPKS. It was a decocking lever but I just couldn’t get used to it. It would also drop the mag out of the blue. Gunsmith worked on it but I just couldn’t trust it.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on good brands for appendix carrying. Want to start carrying with one in the chamber and have an sig 365 and macro without safety’s… Plan on acquiring a Glock 43x or a Springfield hellcat soon.

Second question… if you carry with one in the chamber do you use a manual safety or no? And why?
CZ P10F, appendix, no manual safety, because I dont need a manual safety to put it simply. But after carrying a 1911 on duty for a few years I can say that the right gun with a manual safety, if you train and handle it to the point its all habitual activating and deactivating said frame safety, its no big deal. Training always makes the difference! I can still pick up a 1911 and its purely instinctual to run it. Glock or P10 or any striker gun, I dont go fishing for safeties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom