Best Place to buy a Pistol in OK City

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marks Firearms. They get my vote.

I agree with that, especially being from Norman, if they have what you want in stock. They regularly advertise very good deals (better than you'll find anywhere from a brick and mortar) in the classified section here. However, they're not the best place to do a transfer. Last I checked they wanted $30 to do one.

Young Guns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They aren't exactly in OKC, but Kairos Arms in New Castle is a great little shop. They don't stock a huge selection, but they can get you whatever you need at great prices. They are a small family owned business and treat their customers right. They also have bow hunting equipment and a little reloading selection. If you want a friendly, down to earth gun shop where you can go and just talk guns, this is the place.

Reaction score
Outdoor America has the best prices in the OKC metro.

Yeah, but that's a long way from making them the best place to buy a firearm. They're the worst on my list, except Gun World. If you want to experience the following, all of which I have over the years, then by all means go to Outhouse America: extremely long waits to get helped, up to an hour or more; piss poor attitude by about 1/2 of the staff when you do get helped - that's not handholding, that's getting HELP - you can't buy the gun without a salesman; a salesman explaining to me how he voted for Bill Clinton and how Clinton is really a pretty good guy, despite him being all for gun bans; a salesman telling me I can look at but not touch a knife, a gunsmith dept that has someone there maybe 1/3rd of the time, and even then, is hard to get help, and has almost nothing in the way of accessories, and has extremely limited amount of gunsmithing services available; an owner who is a royal ass; extremely poor attitude and morale among the checkers and other staff generally; ridiculously poor/restricted hours being open, where you have to fly across town when you get off work at 5, to try to get there before they close at 5:30; on and on. If that's what you're looking for, then yep, they're the best place to buy guns. The 10-times-better service at H&H is worth the small price increase several times over, in my book. Not to mention that now H&H has been kicking their butt in selection for awhile now. OA has lost my business forever with their terrible service. Heck, Academy gives better service than OA, and they have even better prices.

Having said that, there's always price-only-is-what-matters shoppers, and that's fine if that's what they want to do. I'd rather support good service by paying slightly more.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Outdoor America has the best prices in the OKC metro. If you are a mamby pamby kinda person and need someone to hold your hand while going through the purchasing process then go to H&H. Geez, they'll even sell you a hamburger too. H&H seems to be more for the frilly crowd that's looking for firearms with pink grips and stuff.

That thar stuff about mamby pambys is down right funny, now it surely is! Har de har! I was hoping to find someone to hold my hand while I went thorugh the frilly pink-grip phase. H&H usually gets my business because of good customer service and selection. For used firearms, I have found good deals right here on OSA. That other rat-hole can dry up and blow away as far as I am concerned.

lstdonsldr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay:

Outdoor America - Great Prices, Great Selection, Customer Service is less than good
H&H - Little higher, Great Selection, Pretty Good Customer Service, Good Food, and nice to go shoot when you buy
Savage Trading - Great People, not so great prices
Henrys - Great Service, Great Prices, Smaller selection, but ALWAYS changing
Big Boys - Great New Shop, Decent Selection, Decent Prices (not as good as Outdoor America) but great Customer Service
C&J Sporting Goods - Decent Selection, BEST Customer Service (if you deal with Cindy or Jason), prices - eh.... not so great
Kings Pawn - Fairly Helpful, Good Prices, not a huge selection

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like Outdoor America. Just grab a salesman say I want that and do the paperwork. $ mean somthing to me and Outdoor almost always had the lowest. I have saved over $50 on my last Glock from H&H.

I like talking to the guys at H&H but when buying somthing I check a few places then buy. Usually Outdoor or internet.
Mark

Latest posts

Top Bottom