Best price on Dillion 550

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brian enos is where I bought mine and Id do it again in a heart beat. The price is the same and the warranty is the same but believe it or not the service is a little better. Every time I called him he was more then happy to answer my questions gave me free shipping and your helping out a fellow shooter to boot.

If price is the deciding factor you'll need to find a used one. Dillon dealers all seem to charge the same price

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a Dillon 650 at Heartland Outdoors for just over $520 which is about $20 cheaper than Enos or Dillon. But when you throw in tax you'll be over all the online pricing.

I bought mine from Enos and can vouch for his service. I had picked up a few items and had them on hand when I ordered. I ordered the press setup for 9mm and bought two more caliber conversions but only ordered 1 extra toolhead. He caught that and called me the next day to confirm that I didn't need another toolhead. Also, on any order over $400 there is no shipping.

If you want a deal you are looking at buying used and you better be quick when you find one.

Cadesdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wanting to start reloading my own ammo. I have heard that a Dillon is the only way to go. Any advice on which one to start with.

I know I want a progressive loader.

What all do I have to buy, that doesn't come with the standard purchase?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am wanting to start reloading my own ammo. I have heard that a Dillon is the only way to go. Any advice on which one to start with.

This is probably the best way to answer your question....

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/dillon.html

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I haven't heard that it's the "only way to go". You might also want to check out the Hornady LNL progressive. Both of these get good reviews and have a ton of followers. It's kind of like the Ford vs. Chevy people. Some people like one and some like the other.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brian Enoes or direct from Dillon is the way to go...
be very wary of purchasing used, unless seller is reputable and guarantee ALL the parts are there.

paid $400 for a used 550B from an OSA'er, then another $225+ more for missing parts from Dillon. Ended up spending MORE than new, on top of all the aggravation of trying to figure out what parts were missing.

Dillon reloading gear has a steep initial learning curve. once you figure it out, no problems. Newbies will probably need support to get over the initial hump.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just go straight to Dillon. Its going to be about the same price anywhere unless you buy used. BTW I have my Dillon 550 for about four years now and love it. Its the only way to go for me. YMMV as always.

Latest posts

Top Bottom