Best rifle dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got the Lee U add the Redding Comp seating die.
Both to address the issues described, need sizing further down and even with the Hornady seater I would get variances in the 8 thousandths area with Montan Gold CMJ's I believe I'll be moving to the HP's now for the base uniformity.

I like the Hornady's because of the floating seater AND that they seat on the ogive rather than the tip (particularly on pistol bullets).

I like the Lee "U" dies because they size the case smaller and farther down, nearly eliminating loaded ammo that will not gage correctly, which may cause malfunctions in semi-autos.

I like the Redding Competition seating dies because they have a floating seater that seats on the ogive, that is also spring loaded to better control the seating process. I also like the micrometer feature, which allows you to set the dies precisely for different bullet weights without guessing and testing.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, guys.

Z06Man,
Sometimes it depends on what you are reloading for as to which dies work best. For instance on the K31 Swiss, Redding makes the best ones. The others tend ot oversize the case.
Donald

Donald, I am aware of this, though it is a pretty rare instance. Also Hornady has begun making dies specifically for the K31 chamber now, FYI.

Latest posts

Top Bottom