Better fill up soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya got that right! Have you priced a bag of oats lately? Like the mule said, "It's a feeeeew dollars.
"

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats diesel I hope

I paid 2.53 for diesel this afternoon and that was at Sam’s club that’s usually cheaper than most stations.
I am still thankful we got away from $4 diesel. Paid $2.59 lastnight. Was the first time in a while the pump shut off because it reached the "pay at the pump" limit or whatever you call it. I remember some years ago having to do multiple transactions to get a full tank when paying at the pump.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like or not, right or wrong, the oil and gas industry run the economy. I don't want to see $4/gal, that just pads the pockets of the oil/gas men, $2/gal, sinks the economy, which is where we are now. $3/gal is just right, and all are happy. I've worked my whole career in the natural gas industry, while paying $4+/gal was great for bonuses, pay raises, etc, it doesn't last. Too many drilling, filling up the reserves, causes a crash.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The worst thing ever invented is ethanol added to cut gas, makes the price lower, but you'll pay more in fuel, additives, and engine repairs. It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
I agree, do not run ethanol in any small engine you want to stay running. The only reason that makes the price of ethanol lower is that it’s subsidized by the taxpayers and refiners. Ever heard of the obama/epa RIN credits? They are breaking the refiners and some have already filed bankruptcy. One of the local Tulsa refiners estimate it will cost them $400,000,000 for RIN Credits in 2018. Guess who actually pays for those. You and me as consumers. The sad thing is our state representatives and state congressional party are essentially clueless about how these work and what they are doing to the energy industry.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, do not run ethanol in any small engine you want to stay running. The only reason it makes the price lower is that it’s subsidized by the taxpayers and refiners. Ever heard of the obama RIN credits? They are breaking the refiners and some have already filed bankruptcy. One of the local Tulsa refiners estimate it will cost them $400,000,000 for RIN Credits in 2018. Guess who actually pays for those. You and me as consumers. The sad thing is our state representatives and state congressional party are essentially clueless about how these work and what they are doing to the energy industry.

I have not heard of this no, but it doesn't surprise me lol. With each refinery going under, will probably increase chances for being more reliant on imports, then prices surely will skyrocket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom