Most excruciating pain I've ever experienced...so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fortunately have never had to deal with that, doesn't sound good whatsoever.

lucky.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Allopurinol helped me tremendously.

Fortunately I discovered that too many pork chops along with regular bologna and hot dogs would cause mine to flare up. I mostly stay away from those and I haven't had any gout problems in years.

I hope you feel better soon.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Allopurinol helped me tremendously.

Fortunately I discovered that too many pork chops along with regular bologna and hot dogs would cause mine to flare up. I mostly stay away from those and I haven't had any gout problems in years.

I hope you feel better soon.

Yup. Hot dogs, shrimp and too much sugar gets me everytime.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried it...made me sick.
No kidding. I've never felt any side affects because it it. Sucks, cause man it's the difference between moving and not.

Good luck though. I've cut a bunch of acidic stuff from my diet to help as well. Coffee is one of the last I can't stop, so there is AP

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No kidding. I've never felt any side affects because it it. Sucks, cause man it's the difference between moving and not.

Good luck though. I've cut a bunch of acidic stuff from my diet to help as well. Coffee is one of the last I can't stop, so there is AP

I've read that coffee is actually ok to have...as long as it's black.

What gets me is that I've read that some foods trigger it, then others say the same foods do not trigger it. I don't know what to believe. :anyone:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I learned from old school, idiot coaches…. Walk it off. (Don’t think that has ever worked in the history of real injuries)
2014 Seaworld. Decided to try my luck at the Ring-The-Bell. Right foot slip back and I heard a tear in my calf.

Wife (Nurse) said to walk it off. 3 days later went to Dr and he found one large tear in my calf muscle and 3 additional small tears. I told him my wife said to walk it off. He said, and I quote "She must be a Nurse".

I still use that bad judgement from her to get out of trouble once in a while

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2014 Seaworld. Decided to try my luck at the Ring-The-Bell. Right foot slip back and I heard a tear in my calf.

Wife (Nurse) said to walk it off. 3 days later went to Dr and he found one large tear in my calf muscle and 3 additional small tears. I told him my wife said to walk it off. He said, and I quote "She must be a Nurse".

Nurses and drs are terrible patients (dealing with one as a patient now, my wife is worse at being a patient than I am at being her nurse). My wife, also a nurse, is great with everyone but me. It’s kind of funny, tell her I have afib, she goes and does dishes, tell her I‘m having kidney stone attack, she goes to the store… it goes on and on… I think they want us gone :)

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah, Mrs. GED has been telling me to walk it off as well, but HOLY COW! I hurts so :censored: ING bad!

Latest posts

Top Bottom