Most excruciating pain I've ever experienced...so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tart cherry juice!

My dad SWORE by this. Us kids were NOT allowed to drink the cherry juice. THAT was for daddy and daddy alone!

Dang Evan! I wish I had some advice but alas ... I don't know that much about gout. Except for that when it hurts it HURTS. My dad used to just sit in his chair at night and shake he hurt so bad. I'm sorry you're dealing with this ****.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain, have had it several times. Both feet, ankle, and wrist. After last time in toe Doc took a biopsy of toe (that hurt!!!) and said he did not even have to put under microscope, he could see the crystals by eye in the syringe. That was about 20 years ago and have been on 300 mg of alopurinol daily since and have not had a flare up. Also have not had a grapefruit since either and I love grapefruit. Wish you well.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one gout flareup probably 10 or 12 years ago and that was all I needed to know about gout and how painful it is. I resisted allopurinol when it was prescribed by my doc but relented after he showed me what joints in your hands and feet can look like after a lifetime of gout.

It never caused any flareups when I started, I didn't suffer any side-effects that I'm aware of, I still take it daily, and I have not had a single flareup since that first one. My uric acid level has stayed in the low-normal range for years now.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I had my vasectomy. The pain med didn’t work.
they gave you pain meds?! they told me to rub dirt on it and walk it off. i passed on the dirt rubbing.

my dad and older brother both have/had gout. it temporarily crippled both of them. dad would hammer tart cherry juice every time he had a flare. hope you get to feeling better soon.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad SWORE by this. Us kids were NOT allowed to drink the cherry juice. THAT was for daddy and daddy alone!

Dang Evan! I wish I had some advice but alas ... I don't know that much about gout. Except for that when it hurts it HURTS. My dad used to just sit in his chair at night and shake he hurt so bad. I'm sorry you're dealing with this ****.

Thanks babe. :kiss:

Latest posts

Top Bottom