Beware PM offers from noobs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once had a new guy from Kansas who wanted to meet me in OKC to buy my gun. I explained the law to him, he said "Oh, I didn't know", and we then completed the transaction the correct way, through his FFL. Just because someone asks you to do something that is illegal doesn't automatically mean he's aware of the mistake he's about to make. Educate him and then see what his response is.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have made sexual advances towards myself in private messaging. It's a good thing that I really like me or I would be greatly offended.

You also made inappropriate sexual advances towards me in a PM. I'm still offended. I didn't even know what that thing with the coat hanger was you kept talking about. I had to Google it, YUCK!!!

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Greetins sir. I Do you still have the AR-47 and AK-15 for sale? I will pay you the agreed upon price and have my agent come to you for to arrange the pickup. I am an off shore oceanographer and unfortunately can only talk by e-mail. Please send me your Paypal account as it is because it is the only was to avoid scammers. It is the muchly agreed on method for internet safety transactions and is safely and secure. I will pay the agreed upon price and and extra $10,000 for your troubles and it will be from my father's Nigerian Prince bank account if you will send me $5000 cash.............

That dude dont know much about guns. Sounds like the same guy I made a deal to sell a jennings 25 auto to for $1200.00. Swore he lived in OK when he wasnt out oceanographering.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a similar and possibly related topic - I noticed in WalMart the other day a hand-written list taped up instructing employees "do not sell weapons to residents of" and a list of a dozen or so different states, followed by some text about until determining legalities, etc.

I mention it because I wonder if any of these knee-jerk laws could cause someone a problem in a FTF sale in Oklahoma? For instance, say an Oklahoma resident sells a firearm to an Illinois resident in Oklahoma - any chance of the Oklahoma resident getting grief from Illinois? Or worse, from Oklahoma?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a similar and possibly related topic - I noticed in WalMart the other day a hand-written list taped up instructing employees "do not sell weapons to residents of" and a list of a dozen or so different states, followed by some text about until determining legalities, etc.

I mention it because I wonder if any of these knee-jerk laws could cause someone a problem in a FTF sale in Oklahoma? For instance, say an Oklahoma resident sells a firearm to an Illinois resident in Oklahoma - any chance of the Oklahoma resident getting grief from Illinois? Or worse, from Oklahoma?

From http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State?

A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]

Latest posts

Top Bottom