BIG Crappie??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4lbs in 1973 i was 18 yrs old,the grown ups that i was with said thats a giant,and we ate it lol ,i look back at the time the state record was a little over 4lbs,if i would catch one that size now i would have turned loose and had me a replica mounted,it was one the best crappie fishing i haver ever done the Ill river was way up behind tenkiller lake bank full the crappie were in the mouth of a creek getting out of the current had two crappie jigs on about 50% time you would pull 2 fish,and you could pull them as fast as you get one unhooked and throw back in,you would just keep the very biggest ones it was awesome sure would like to get into them like that again,oh i was on a class trip after graduating highschool

wow! that is enormous, that would be like catching a 40 lb blue cat. great catch Deer24/7

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3.3lbs from a rock quarry east of Ponca, and a 3.1 from Kaw. Both entered and weighed at Kaw one stop crappie contest. Was on top of the leader board for most of the month, but a 3.6, and a 3.8 brought in by some other guys bumped me out of the money. Kaw has some huge crappie.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got two mounted, a 2.5lb I caught out of Waurika when I was 12 and a 3.25 pound I caught on a 3/4 oz spinnerbait out of my buddy's farm pond that nobody knows has fish in it haha

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few from Kaw.

image-2915185343.jpg

image-1940982528.jpg

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I caught a 3.8 and a 3.14 on back to back casts in a 10 acre lake in Alabama one day. Next day my buddy caught the state record from the same lake, it weighed 4.7lbs. That year was unreal in that lake. Between 4 of us we pulled out at least 15 fish over 3lbs. Everybody got to keep and mount one and we put the rest back. Fished that lake for many more years and never had a season like that one. It was always a good crappie lake but i dont know if any of us ever caught a 3 pounder out of it again. I always wondered what happened tp those fish we released.

Latest posts

Top Bottom