BIG Oklahoma Muzzleloader Buck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
did u want 45 to 60 minutes after you shot him before you got down? if not this could be why you lost him and he kept moving.

whey you shoot one, wait an hour. you either delivered a killing shot or not, getting down and looking for the deer does not change this.

born2fshnhunt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the deer's left eye guard does have a kicker making it an 11 pt; and yes the photo was taken on Oct. 31 b/c i shot the deer on Oct 24th and was unable to find the deer until a week later. I was SICK all week long and damn near suicidal knowing that I made a good shot but unable to find the animal. Spent 18+ hours scowering the woods for this animal.

born2fshnhunt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually videotaped the deer bed down about 70 yards away from me on the backside of an evergreen. I stayed in my stand for 2 hours before sneaking down quietly and returning to the truck. I had got 3 other buddies to help and return appoximately 4 hours after i shot him. To my suprise the deer was no long laying by the evergreen tree and had laid down clotting up the exit wound. He would end up traveling another 500 yards to where he laid to rest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom