Sweet Boy Needs a Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This dog ... He is like Dawg -- WAY smarter than his mom! Caught him trying to sneak down the hallway (he's not supposed to go down there because the cats are in the sewing room and our bedroom right now) by acting like he was gonna get something to eat -- only he didn't get any food out of the bowl, just stuck his nose in it and moved the food around -- then instead of coming back in the living room he went into the kitchen, around to the entryway and was gonna just slide on down the hall to the other end of the house. 🤨🤨🤨 OMG the look on his face when I said "Snoop!! Don't you do it!" He just hung his head and came back in the living room like he was doing the long walk to his execution.🤣🤣🤣🤣 A baby gate from Amazon will be here tomorrow. Lol

And he does this thing with his feet -- like he's running in place when he is excited, or knows he knows he's doing something he shouldn't and has been busted lol -- bless his heart.

He wants to get into the pen with the chickens so bad. A couple of the hens are coming up to him at the gate (those girls have NO fear -- I swear they think they are dogs) and chatter and coo at him and peck his nose thru the wire. The first time they did it he wasn't sure what to think. Now I swear he thinks they are loving on him and he will try to lick them back! 🤦🤣🤣🤣

I so wonder what happened with him before OK Corgi Rancher found him. He is obviously housebroken. Except for the first day when he was marking he has not gone in the house. And he comes completely undone and shuts down if you raise your voice or are even the least bit harsh with him.

I yelled at him yesterday because he had cornered Harvey in the bedroom. He wasn't trying to hurt him. Hadn't even touched him, but he was so excited that he was making all kinds of racket -- that kind of yodel-ey growl-ey bark that a shar pei will make -- and to say Harvey was NOT impressed was an understatement. Lol Without thinking I yelled "NO!!" and you would have thought I had beat him over the head with a bat. 😢 It took a couple of hours before he wouldn't cower when I moved or spoke.

But he IS not quite as timid today as he was yesterday, and he is starting to get a feel for our routine. NOW if he will just not try to fool with the cats at 3 in the morning. I've never crated a dog before, but that may change. We will see how it goes with the baby gate. All things considered, we are having a BLAST and we haven't even started any structured training yet! 💕💕💕💕 @OK Corgi Rancher thank you SO much for letting me have him! He is absolutely adorable!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just happy Snoop was able to find a loving home. That's all I ever want for them. I had a feeling he was gonna be a fun guy to have around. Thanks for taking him in and caring for him.

Did he get a bath yet? 🐶

Well kinda. Lol I have some of that dry shampoo -- you know the stuff girls use when then need to freshen up their hair but don't want to have to go through the whole wash, blow dry, style routine. He wasn't too sure about it at first but little pieces of lunch meat buys a lot of trust. 😇😁🤣🤣🤣🤣

Soon as he gets neutered and his shots (the 16th was the soonest the vet could get him in) he'll get to take a trip to the groomer. Kennel cough is making the rounds here, though, so I'm good with waiting a bit. He rolled in a pile of hay I had put out for the chickens to peck through so he smells like alfalfa. 😜🤣🤣🤣

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah... He definitely needed a little "freshen up".

ROFL.gif

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG! Anybody want a dog?!?!? 🙄😜😜 He gets SO excited every damned time he sees a cat, it's ridiculous! He doesn't chase but that yodel-ey bark and that feet going 900 mph have the cats convinced he is gonna launch in a nanosecond. 🤨🤣😂😂 It gonna be YEARS before any of them can be in the same room together. Sigh ...

And no, I don't want to give him away but there may be some Benadryl in his future. Just to take the edge off a bit ... 😇😬😁

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going thru the "WTF was I thinking" process over our little male Corgi puppy, Rooster. This dog is a challenge. He is one of the most strong-willed dogs I've ever seen. Even more than my Jack Russells...and I didn't think that would be possible. He was already trying to challenge Izzy...the pack Alpha...when he was 6 mos old. As a matter of fact, he reminds me of a JRT and doesn't act like a typical Corgi at all. Total wild man.

We had him neutered about 6 weeks ago. He seems to be slowing down a little, but, every time I think there's hope he does something to make me think I wanna choke the life out of him. I love him to death only slightly more than I wanna beat him to death at this point. Despite his flaws he's just so danged lovable.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well kinda. Lol I have some of that dry shampoo -- you know the stuff girls use when then need to freshen up their hair but don't want to have to go through the whole wash, blow dry, style routine. He wasn't too sure about it at first but little pieces of lunch meat buys a lot of trust. 😇😁🤣🤣🤣🤣

Soon as he gets neutered and his shots (the 16th was the soonest the vet could get him in) he'll get to take a trip to the groomer. Kennel cough is making the rounds here, though, so I'm good with waiting a bit. He rolled in a pile of hay I had put out for the chickens to peck through so he smells like alfalfa. 😜🤣🤣🤣
Free neutering in Spencer

If you live in OKC. Call Safe Haven Clinic in Spencer at 405-313-1469 for information

Latest posts

Top Bottom