.264 Win Mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPOONBILL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't need it but it's definitely cool.
How much do you shoot a year?
Are you mainly a hunter or a target shooter?
How much would you shoot this rifle?
Do you reload?
Questions like that and more is what I would mostly ask myself. This is coming from a guy that shoots alot. I also have an overbore 6.5 wildcat and understands barrel life. I keep barrel blanks in my safe and dont hesitate to rebarrel when they go south. I know you mentioned having a 7 mag and personally one big game hunting rifle is enough for me. My safe is filled with match rifles and varmint rifles. Different people have different tastes. If I wanted a new rifle right now for hunting purposes I would probably look into a more efficient cartridge. Again thats just me. Something where getting components isnt as hard. Also again if you pretty much just hunt with a rifle and dont shoot it much the price of factory ammo and the cost and pain of finding reloading supplies is a non issue.

If you do buy it let us know how it shoots.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much do you shoot a year?
Are you mainly a hunter or a target shooter?
How much would you shoot this rifle?
Do you reload?
Questions like that and more is what I would mostly ask myself. This is coming from a guy that shoots alot. I also have an overbore 6.5 wildcat and understands barrel life. I keep barrel blanks in my safe and dont hesitate to rebarrel when they go south. I know you mentioned having a 7 mag and personally one big game hunting rifle is enough for me. My safe is filled with match rifles and varmint rifles. Different people have different tastes. If I wanted a new rifle right now for hunting purposes I would probably look into a more efficient cartridge. Again thats just me. Something where getting components isnt as hard. Also again if you pretty much just hunt with a rifle and dont shoot it much the price of factory ammo and the cost and pain of finding reloading supplies is a non issue.

If you do buy it let us know how it shoots.
I don't shoot much, I shoot handguns more than rifles but I have rifles from .22LR up to .416 Remington so I'm covered but sometimes stuff just catches my eye. I'm a Weatherby fan so overbore and efficiency doesn't really matter no more than I shoot.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one next door to Harbor Freight, America's Pawn I think it's called.
Couple things I like to remind pawn shops and they know, deer season is a long ways off. This line is my favorite. What's the cash out the door price? Doesn't always work but $999 maybe only $800. They may make you a deal you cannot pass up.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid around 1958, my grandpa's coyote hunting buddy bought a new Win mod 70 Westerner in 264 mag with a Unertel scope about 2ft long mounted on it.
He reloaded using pulled 6.5 Swede ball ammo projectiles but had poor accuracy. So he got some 6.5mm copper rod anďused a small tool & die lathe to make his own bullets. He was vaporizing coyotes at 600+yds and in 1960 that was some fancy shooting

Latest posts

Top Bottom