Big Tulsa Gun Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Probably ride my harley to show. Hopefully that will keep me from spending to much money….or yall might see me coming back down Route 66 with a color case harden Henry side gate 30-30 across my back.
Back in the early 90s I went to a gun show in Tulsa - it was right before my wife's birthday. (August)

I bought her a nice leather jacket, borrowed a couple ancient bungee cords from my dad, and headed back to Sapulpa with new jacket strapped on sissy bar.

Close to Sheridan exit on the B.A., the straps broke and there was the jacket, laying in the left lane. I saw a car run over it once, and I dashed out to retrieve it. I didn't have another way to secure it, so I put it on. (tight fit, sleeves were way short lol. Sweating like a pig all the way home.....couldn't even tell it got run over though.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have learned never take a friend or family member.

1. After walking 1.5 hour, their ready to leave and I'm not.
2. They buy what they came for and are ready to leave and I'm not.
3. It's lunch time and they want to leave, eat, head home.
4. I take too long looking, going back and haggling, search , and go back and buy what I first saw.
5. NEVER take your wife. Restrooms too far apart.
😂🤣😂🤣

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to go but can not carry enough O2 for the trip and show. :cry3: :cry3: :cry3:
Rick, on the trip to and from, you can just hang your head out the window and open your mouth.

The air will be force-fed into your lungs, sort of like a Roots blower.

All you need is enough o2 for the show itself.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, on the trip to and from, you can just hang your head out the window and open your mouth.

The air will be force-fed into your lungs, sort of like a Roots blower.

All you need is enough o2 for the show itself.

You guys may laugh, but if you could see what I would want to take so I could trade it, you might cry. An unfired, in the box Marlin Camp 9 in the rare nickle finish. One sold about 4 months ago by a collector for over $2100. I bet I could find a nice Mini 14 for it don't you think?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys may laugh, but if you could see what I would want to take so I could trade it, you might cry. An unfired, in the box Marlin Camp 9 in the rare nickle finish. One sold about 4 months ago by a collector for over $2100. I bet I could find a nice Mini 14 for it don't you think?
You should sell your Camp 9 outright. You’d be trading down for a Mini 14 in my opinion.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should sell your Camp 9 outright. You’d be trading down for a Mini 14 in my opinion.
Yes and no. If I can get enough mags and ammo I would call it even. Besides if I just sell it, I will never find a Mini 14 I like. At least that is the way my luck usually goes. I settled on the Ruger because I want something all around that does not recoil hard and has a wood stock. I know outside of target shooting the Mini 14 will do the job without messing with my ribs and sternum. I am not a fan of the 223 / 5.56 but I am not going into combat with it so I think I can settle for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom