Biography: confessions of a drone pilot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I landed one in my neighbor's tree, it was around dusk...it had lots of multicolored lights..the neighbor has severe untreated schizophrenia.. he had a long night.

Just to clarify.. by land I mean I lost control and crashed.. I wasn't picking on my neighbor.

Surprisingly he returned it to me a few weeks later.. normally if something lands in his yard it's one of those Sandlot scenarios.

Also for my big quadcopter..(my home built autonomous drone) I have a separate GPS device on it that uses a cellular GSM sim card.. I just call it and it returns a text with a google map link of where it is.
Got it on Amazon for 20.00 look up gps tracker its about the size and shape of a pager.. I use a cheap pre-pay cellphone service that cost about 10.00 every three months..it uses the ATT network. When its not on my Quadcopter its on my Boat/trailer. I have to charge it once a week.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found it!
Snow finally went away, so extended the search area. Found it about 150 yds away from where it was last seen.
Water came out of it, so it's going to dry for a couple of days before testing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451774983.448065.jpg

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's my fleet... The big one is all custom/home built..with 15" props the thrust meter its giving me a little north if 40grams at half thrust with a 6s lipo.. The wind generated and power of one prop and motor is freaky.. I need to mount it to my bench to get solid stats at full thrust.. It get too dangerous to hold it down with one hand and operate the radio..
View attachment 52749
View attachment 52750

The big one has retractable landing gear, and 4 high lumen cree white leds it looks like 4 surefire flashlights when its lit up.. Using the 3dr Pixhawk controller and APM ground station software.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like the small ones, my little one looks very similar to yours, I have a baggage full of extra props.. And a few extra batterys I can sit inside and really enjoy goofing off and not worry about breaking a carbon fiber prop or slicing my face off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom