Black kettle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It gets alot of pressure, but if you do your home work and don't mind a deer drag you can find a lot of deer. The key for me is to use the other hunters to push the deer to you and stay away from the easy access points. I pack a lunch and wait for the deer to come to me as the other hunters head out of the woods. It is rough train and deer drags can be along way so take a buddie. Reydon has a gas station where you can check your deer in and noting else. Cheyenne has two motels and there is a Rv site right as you get into town that has water and electric. Good luck.

Abe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there is a rule regarding only carrying one method of take. Not for sure if you can simultaneously quail hunt and deer hunt. I would be curious what ol Damron has to say.

FYI rifle season is closed on Black Kettle(and most other public) the last week to allow for the quail hunters. Guess quail season isn't quite long enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom