Blackened J frame hammer and trigger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone wanted the tacticool look?

Tacticool on a J frame revolver? :ugh2: Since when was a wheel gun tacticool by any stretch? :rolleyes2

Nope, not factory, aftermarket, roll marks are rounded not well defined, an somebody buggered up the sideplate screws.

You don't think the entire revolver was reblued...do you? It looks way too close to factory finish to me.

If the hammer and trigger ARE aftermarket parts, why would somebody do that? I mean...is there any significance of a blue/black hammer and trigger over the case colored hardened parts? :anyone:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tacticool on a J frame revolver? :ugh2: Since when was a wheel gun tacticool by any stretch? :rolleyes2

Tell that to this guy with his tacticool Mosin-Nagant :P

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3173_2635022443_26b6c5bc42_o.jpg

(hopefully the image showed up...)

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

You don't think the entire revolver was reblued...do you? It looks way too close to factory finish to me.

If the hammer and trigger ARE aftermarket parts, why would somebody do that? I mean...is there any significance of a blue/black hammer and trigger over the case colored hardened parts? :anyone:

Same as when folk's would go and have their revolvers nickle plated aftermarket. If the gunsmith didn't know better or was trying to cut corners, everything on the gun except the grips got nickled. Its the reason a Pre model nickle plated(At the factory) costs three to five times what a poorly done aftermarket does. Most are pretty easy to spot, hammer, trigger, an extractor ring nickeled, or any of those three.

As to a blued gun with the hammer and trigger blued you start looking at everything that should be sharp on the gun, and on that one there is to many rounded edges showing where someone got carried away with a buffing wheel. Plus the fact that someone has been peeking inside the gun by the buggered screws and sideplate.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As to a blued gun with the hammer and trigger blued you start looking at everything that should be sharp on the gun, and on that one there is to many rounded edges showing where someone got carried away with a buffing wheel. Plus the fact that someone has been peeking inside the gun by the buggered screws and sideplate.

You've got a good eye, my man! :thumb:

I think I'll pass on it. ;)

:thanku:

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, not factory, aftermarket, roll marks are rounded not well defined, an somebody buggered up the sideplate screws.

And the sideplate is buggered up at the top from being pried up.

The revolver actually looks like the barrel and cylinder are polished and the frame is matte, or the frame flats were sanded.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen a lot of 38/44 S&W going for cheap because of a FULL nickle job.
LDP, is http://smith-wessonforum.com/ the old or the new "blue" forum?
It must be the new one right? Its got all the SWCS guys and Roy Jinks.

No, thats the old one, there are some good folks on there, but they are outnumbered by some who think they are smarter than Roy is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom