Blackwell Gun Dealer That Was Busted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juscvin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never got an answer to this the last time it was discussed but, lets try again.....

What if, you had already purchased one of these guns, already had it paid for, and was waiting on the ATF to process your tax stamp? Do you have any chance of getting your gun, or are you just hosed and out of a ton of cash?

You would either get your money or your gun with asset forfeiture you cannot seize property not owned by the person committing the crime

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend on the Ponca PD told me the ATF would destroy the guns . If he was cleared of charges they would reimburse him what "they" thought they were worth. I've only heard this from one source and I don't know the officer's source.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wouldn't fret about those guns not getting into hands of legal gun owners.
to attain max value an auction will be utilized. there is NO way local sheriff will pass up on a possible million $$$ forfeiture from a known class 3 dealer.

without knowing all the details, odds are exceedingly low a class 3 firearms dealer that passed all the background checks to be in possession of drugs with intend to distribute. being in possession of drugs for personal use I can believe. look no further than the recent trial of cops that planted drugs and the resulting dismissals of a rather large number of cases.

prohibition against drugs should end ... it's never worked and will NEVER ever work.
all it does is maintain massive profits for the drug cartels and put folks in jails at costs to the public while destroying lives. it's a FACT about same percentage of folks are addicted to drugs today as after 30+ years of war on drugs.

people with addictive personalities that will abuse drugs to the point of destroying their lives and everyone around them... will do so at ANY costs ... NO matter what the laws are.

on the flip side, if ALL drugs were legal... IMHO the same folks that would do drugs are going to anyways... the same folks today that will not touch heroin will also not, if it was legal.

Its sad that he was into the drugs and had one that was stolen or maybe a cop plant whos to know. He messed up and thats 4 to 500 guns that probly won't make it to the hands of legal gun owners. Ohh well!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
prohibition against drugs should end ... it's never worked and will NEVER ever work.
all it does is maintain massive profits for the drug cartels and put folks in jails at costs to the public while destroying lives. it's a FACT about same percentage of folks are addicted to drugs today as after 30+ years of war on drugs.

people with addictive personalities that will abuse drugs to the point of destroying their lives and everyone around them... will do so at ANY costs ... NO matter what the laws are.

on the flip side, if ALL drugs were legal... IMHO the same folks that would do drugs are going to anyways... the same folks today that will not touch heroin will also not, if it was legal.

So if we legalized all drugs, then you could do whatever you wanted on your own time, right? So....

You'd have no problem with a "recreational" heroin addict driving your kids' school bus? Or teaching them in the classroom?

Or a cocaine addict working as your bank teller or investment banker?

And of course, if you legalize all drugs, then I'm assuming you're talking about removing restrictions on prescription drugs, right? So... things like OxyContin and Xanax could be purchased by anyone at the corner QuickieMart? You don't think that's going to kill a lot of people? Is that ok with you?

I'm just saying....

And as for not being able to take possession of property owned by someone other than the person committing the crime, I don't think that's true. People have cars and homes confiscated and sold at auction when someone else is using them in the sale or distribution of drugs, right? This is no different... if he's in possession of it when he's committing the crime (allegedly), then I think it's fair game from the .gov's viewpoint. Not saying it's right, but it is the law, I believe.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if we legalized all drugs, then you could do whatever you wanted on your own time, right? So....

You'd have no problem with a "recreational" heroin addict driving your kids' school bus? Or teaching them in the classroom?

So nobody does cocaine or heroin currently? You think buses are full of drivers that would go "Hey, I think I'll start mainlining smack today since it's no longer illegal. Hey kid, hold this tourniquet."

I had a middle school teacher that was an alcoholic. Your move, Cochise. (He was a great teacher, too.)

And of course, if you legalize all drugs, then I'm assuming you're talking about removing restrictions on prescription drugs, right? So... things like OxyContin and Xanax could be purchased by anyone at the corner QuickieMart? You don't think that's going to kill a lot of people? Is that ok with you?

Yes.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm just saying....

And as for not being able to take possession of property owned by someone other than the person committing the crime, I don't think that's true. People have cars and homes confiscated and sold at auction when someone else is using them in the sale or distribution of drugs, right? This is no different... if he's in possession of it when he's committing the crime (allegedly), then I think it's fair game from the .gov's viewpoint. Not saying it's right, but it is the law, I believe.

absolutely...people do them now. Very limited numbers of people would start using just because it is legal. But if it were legal, regulated and taxed it would do wonders. I won't get into the arguments of benefits and proven studies as that would take this way off course and I doubt you would care. But legalize them or at least decriminalize them. There are things that are illegal that I do believe should not be.

I do find it amazing people are pro gun and pro 2a and rights for what they like...but something controversial they are quick to deny people their right to do whatever they please behind closed doors with or to their body.

So guns are good even though they are used in crime and are destructive in nature, and drugs are bad because they are illegal, and tend to be destructive in nature? Yet alcohol and tobacco are good even though they are destructive and in nature, but are legal?

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't think all drugs legalized would be good.smoking and drinking is legal now and it kills thousands a year.i believe everybody has the right to do what they want but there are good people who would become drug addicts and die.i don't believe suicide should be legal.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not at police auctions. to bid at a police auction you have to be a registered licensed dealer and submit your FFL before bidding.
these bidders are always looking to resell the guns so they don't go as high as you might think unless there is a valuable ringer in the lot you are bidding on.
Oh and they sell them in lots of 10 to 12 guns, not one at a time.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So nobody does cocaine or heroin currently? You think buses are full of drivers that would go "Hey, I think I'll start mainlining smack today since it's no longer illegal. Hey kid, hold this tourniquet."

I had a middle school teacher that was an alcoholic. Your move, Cochise. (He was a great teacher, too.)

Yes.

absolutely...people do them now. Very limited numbers of people would start using just because it is legal. But if it were legal, regulated and taxed it would do wonders. I won't get into the arguments of benefits and proven studies as that would take this way off course and I doubt you would care. But legalize them or at least decriminalize them. There are things that are illegal that I do believe should not be.

I do find it amazing people are pro gun and pro 2a and rights for what they like...but something controversial they are quick to deny people their right to do whatever they please behind closed doors with or to their body.

So guns are good even though they are used in crime and are destructive in nature, and drugs are bad because they are illegal, and tend to be destructive in nature? Yet alcohol and tobacco are good even though they are destructive and in nature, but are legal?

My guess is that you guys may not have a ton of real-world street-experience with druggies. But that's ok.... everyone is entitled to their opinion, informed and educated or not. You let your kids ride on the bus with a known smack-head, I'll pass. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom