BoA not allowing customers to make firearms/ammo purchases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't want your bank, which is a PRIVATE BUSINESS, controlling how you do business with them, then switch banks. No one holds a gun to your heads and makes you use BoA. That being said, this is pretty messed up.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This would not be legal (not that that has ever slowed a big bank down before). Checks are demand notes. Debit cards are a little different but the same basic idea. If the money is there and a demand is made for it, by and large, they have to release it ... (I know, I know, I did my little disclaimers ...)

This is why we bank at a little bitty, t-tiny credit union. Yes, there are certain "conveniences" we give up. Yes, the loss of those "conveniences" is more than worth the peace of mind and personal service we receive.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Id like some proof as well, Only reason i use boa is i travel a lot and its nice to have one that I can get to an atm almost anywhere.

You can use an ATM for anyone anywhere, only difference is you pay like $2 to use it. I'd rather occasionally pay a fee when I get caught without cash than bank with BOA. Plan ahead and get your cash out before you leave. I travel a lot too and BOA can suck a fatty. I'll never use them. I use a CC for nearly everything while traveling anyway, so much easier and don't have a need to carry lots of cash or have access to it.

BOK has atms in nearly every QT. If that isn't convenient enough for you then I don't know what is.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You can use an ATM for anyone anywhere, only difference is you pay like $2 to use it. I'd rather occasionally pay a fee when I get caught without cash than bank with BOA. Plan ahead and get your cash out before you leave. I travel a lot too and BOA can suck a fatty. I'll never use them. I use a CC for nearly everything while traveling anyway, so much easier and don't have a need to carry lots of cash or have access to it.

BOK has atms in nearly every QT. If that isn't convenient enough for you then I don't know what is.

You realize there are people that leave the state right? The qt in Missouri doesn't have a bok ATM in it...

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BOA asked McMillian to take their business elsewhere because they manufacture firearms and components. Whats funny is if you have a Bass Pro Credit Card it is a BOA card. That is the only reason I have one. But I don't think they are restricting firearms purchases because I have bought three or four in the last couple of weeks on my card. I do HATE them though and will be getting another card soon because of their anti 2A views.

Latest posts

Top Bottom