Bob Costas is preaching!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am the biggest 2nd Amendment guy you will meet. However, if I am completely honest - would there be less of these murder suicides in a hypothetical world where guns didnt exist? I would have to say yes - many people out there do not have what it takes to actually physically take another's life, up close and personal, dealing with blood running down their hands, the other person fighting for their lives, etc. The gun makes it easier for these cowards to do what they do. Maybe even too easy, thats why that once their coward mind realizes what they did, they kill themselves too - the easy way with the gun.

Given that, we have to weigh the benefits of whether our rights are worth more than saving a couple of lives that psychopaths may take. I will always come down on the side that says yes. Having guns gives me and my family protection against those and the even worse psychopaths that are out there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am the biggest 2nd Amendment guy you will meet. However, if I am completely honest - would there be less of these murder suicides in a hypothetical world where guns didnt exist? I would have to say yes - many people out there do not have what it takes to actually physically take another's life, up close and personal, dealing with blood running down their hands, the other person fighting for their lives, etc. The gun makes it easier for these cowards to do what they do. Maybe even too easy, thats why that once their coward mind realizes what they did, they kill themselves too - the easy way with the gun.

Given that, we have to weigh the benefits of whether our rights are worth more than saving a couple of lives that psychopaths may take. I will always come down on the side that says yes. Having guns gives me and my family protection against those and the even worse psychopaths that are out there.

I've read that men prefer the gun, women prefer the wrist, and drugs. All cowards.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

With the 1st part, I have to respectfully disagree. Human beings are imperfect and sometimes they snap violently. OJ used a knife, Jack the Ripper used a knife, there's even a thread on this forum about a guy that stabbed himself and his dad with a knife after shooting him w a bow. Take away all the guns, swords, etc and we'll use rocks or ropes, or tree branches and eventually, our bare hands. I think once a person crosses a certain line and rises to that sort of violence is when it becomes "easy" to take the cowards way out or kill others, I think the gun or a knife or a club is just the tool they use to carry it out.

And I totally agree with you on the 2nd part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom