Bobby has left the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had several pics of this cat on my trail cam. I sat in the stand this morning to pick off a doe, when he came walking by. 30-06 hollow point put him down pretty quick. The exit wound was pretty ugly.
I don't know what it will weigh, but its the biggest bobcat I've ever seen.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Photo0142.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_Photo0143.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good looking cat! By BIL shot one this morning that we never found, and a buddy down in McAlester sent me a pic of one he called and killed this morning also. They must have been moving everywhere today. Hope they keep doing it!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you going to freeze the cat to sell? I was wondering if the exit wound would devalue the cat too much?

I don't know about that.
Years ago when coyotes brought $35 on the carcass, a big exit wound in a double lung shot didn't matter much as they only used the fur from other parts of the carcass. Bobcats, I don't know. I sold three, two years ago that had been trapped, but have never sold one that has been shot.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the belly isn't damaged there will be no mark off due to the shot damage. The size of the white underside and the clarity of the spots is the determining factor in the price of the fur. Just guessing, but by the size of the cat to the rifle, I would bet he would go about 26lbs. Which is a pretty good sized cat. They always look bigger than they weigh.

FYI, you can sell it at our OFBA auction at the fairgrounds in Chandler on Feb. 5th. If you show up, look me up. I will be the fat bald guy at the auction table, behind the computer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom