Boeing 737 NG CRASH in Iran

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plus ALL of the wreckage was hauled away. Hmmm

And, even Trudeau is saying the Iranians did it. And we know how much he LOVES him some Trump! Or not.

Plus, I figured that's probably what happened (no, I'm not a genius, I just play one on the internet). It's really the only thing that made sense:

1. Right after the missile barrage
2. Iran would be expecting a counterattack
3. Relatively new aircraft (4 years old), mechanical trouble possible, but not
likely
4. Reasonably well run airline (supposedly)
5. Iran immediately said "mechanical trouble"
6. Black boxes recovered right away, but determined to be "damaged" within
hours
7. Iran refuses to let any other nation/agency to perform a meaningful inspection
8. Reports of missile parts in the debris
9. No distress call from the cockpit, even though the plane was 8k feet high
and the crew would have had enough time, unless incapacitated. IF a
mechanical problem, wouldn't they call and say "engine failure" or whatever?

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinkin them Iranians really stepped in it this time. Unless the world press is like ours and gives them a pass because they were expecting a retaliation for their missile attack. Then it's Trumps fault.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question: Why would the Iranians think it was an attack when it was flying AWAY from Tehran? Like I said earlier, check the passenger list for someone Iran would want to take out.

There are lots of reasons Iran would want to shoot down the plane, like maybe someone absconding with military secrets, or nude pix of the Ayatollah, or a few hundred pounds of gold. (Whatever the answer/truth is, the lives lost is an act of despotism.)

Woody

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinkin them Iranians really stepped in it this time. Unless the world press is like ours and gives them a pass because they were expecting a retaliation for their missile attack. Then it's Trumps fault.

In addition to Canada, I guess that someone in the U.K. is saying the same thing, AND, I watched a CNN video on YouTube where Wolfe Blitzer is reporting that two Russian surface-to-air missiles are what took down the plane.

Now, we just wait to see what the rest of the world's press has to say. What does anyone want to bet that Rachel Madcow comes up with some off-the-wall theory?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all Trump's fault for starting it - that is, for not allowing a known and wanted terrorist to come to Iraq with impunity and plan more terrorist attacks. We should have let him live. To kill more Americans and MANY more Muslims. Sounds like plan...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question: Why would the Iranians think it was an attack when it was flying AWAY from Tehran?

Woody

For the same reasons we shot down flight 655 which was on a known commercial air route, climbing, and squawking on civilian mode....fear, confusion, aggressive posture, and poor communication.

Their air defense forces were seeing ghosts that night...

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The U.S. and Iran have been in an ongoing conflict since 1979 so all this crap is nothing new. Iran has been a major trouble maker in the middle east and other places including Iraq - Israel- and Saudi Arabia.
The UN and the US talks big every time Iran commits another terrorist act but nothing is really never done about it so they continue the crap. Taking out 1 General with a drone will not even slow them down.
Unless they are CRUSHED expect more decades of the same from Iran.
We ain't seen nothing yet - wait till they have nuclear weapons.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the same reasons we shot down flight 655 which was on a known commercial air route, climbing, and squawking on civilian mode....fear, confusion, aggressive posture, and poor communication.

Their air defense forces were seeing ghosts that night...

There was a bunch of other planes (About seven or eight) that departed Tehran on the same basic flight path around the same time after they launched their bottle rockets into Iraq. What was launched at and destroyed the Ukrainian airliner was sophisticated surface-to-air guided missiles. This was not an accident. Your opinion might be different from mine on this matter, but I will for sure call you out on trying to implicate this was a tit-for-tat for the shoot-down of Flight 655, or even a case of mistaken identity, or a lack of IFF, or that we should dismiss this shoot down simply because we have done it ourselves. Flight 655 was queried as per protocol and gave no response. There is no mention of whether or not this Ukrainian flight was queried before the missiles were launched.

I still believe if a through investigation of the passengers aboard this flight were to be conducted, the reason it was shot down would likely become apparent. That said, there are several other possible reasons it was shot down such as those I mentioned earlier. I cannot include "accidentally".

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom