Bought me a new used truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
put a people sweeper on the front.
I’m not sure what I’ll do to the front end yet but I’ll be changing it. The truck actually cost a lil more than the listed price because they had already put a new chrome bumper on and hadn’t updated the ad. It actually hurt my feelings a little that I didn’t get to handle that myself.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been workin on it more.
There’s a Volvo semi that’s been living in the bull pasture for 8yrs so it became a donor. I stole the 5th wheel and catwalk off of it. It’s got a nice set of aluminum 24.5 wheels on it but I don’t wanna buy a new set of tires right now. My truck has good 22.5 on it. I scrounged a B&W turnover ball gooseneck hitch out of our scrap pile and made it fit my truck too. Went to a buddy of mines lastnight who really knows big truck stuff and we mounted the air supply lines and power cord for 5th wheel and power supply for my gooseneck lighting. Oh and we also attached the catwalk on the back. He’s got a good used aluminum headache rack I can get cheap but I will want to cut holes and put in some expanded metal so I don’t completely lose the use of my rear windows. I’ve still got a long way to go I think to have it all how I want it but it’s now useable.
BB5DCBCD-9A17-4CBA-B7BD-2605BD5BF8AC.jpeg
601A0A60-8204-49F8-81B7-721AECBED85A.jpeg
B560E77A-091A-484B-ACEA-C67A1B85313C.jpeg
C070B7FF-14AC-44C6-9B38-E064BEDC557B.jpeg

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put 250 miles on the new rig tonight. I’m pretty pleased with how it does the job. Picture below is my 32’ stock trailer. I adjusted the neck all the way down. It still sits with a little rake to it but not too bad. My neighbor ordered a new 40’ groundload trailer last week since I now have a truck big enough to pull it. It’s supposed to be delivered tomorrow.
A1C97A7B-DEE8-4317-B09E-DF52A20D3DBB.jpeg

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you cut the gooseneck ball mount plate loose, you can lower it 3 or 4 inches into the frame. Make a sort of pocket.

3 of 4 inches makes a big difference taking out the rake.

Good purchase on the power unit, that should do anything you need it to.
I can make some more changes on the trailer neck. I don’t like having to jack trailers an extra 4-6” to clear bed surfaces. Also, the way the suspension on this truck is, there’s a stabilizer thing about 4” under the hitch as it is now. I’ll load some stock on the trailer in the daylight and see how it sits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom