Bow and a Bobcat!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I went out deer hunting this evening. As I got out in the field near the creek, I figured I had some time to kill since the deer usually dont show up till around 5:15 - 5:30. I got out my flextone electric call and put it on cottontail distress. I didnt want it cranked all the way up at first, so I started with it pretty low, but just enough to send the sound through the creek. I only had it on for about 10 or 15 seconds and I could hear something busting through the woods and pretty close to me already. I turned it off quickly and looked to my left. About 10 yards away in the weeds I could see this bobcats head. It was looking all around for me but never did see me. I was just sitting up against a tree. I waited and then it started walking out in to the open wheat field in front of me. It kinda took off quick for a few steps then slowed down to look around. That gave me just enough time to stand up and lean over to get a clear shot. It was at about 20 yards. Arrow passed through and the bobcat ran down in to the creek about 35 yards and was done. Anyone want to guess the weight?

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_IMG_0663.jpg

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_IMG_0647.jpg

Last edited:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome man! I can only hope to get that close to a bobcat. 21 pounds.

yea, it was crazy. it all happened so quick. as i was watching it sit about 10 yards away looking for the "rabbit in distress", i couldnt believe i was that close, with no hunting blind or deer stand. just sitting against a tree in stealth mode! lol.

oh yea. incase anyone was wondering. i was using a Diamond Liberty bow, with ICS hunter arrows and slick trick 85gr. broadheads. bow is cranked as high as it will go. 70lbs i think.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice kitty and great hunt.

I'm guessing 22 pounds.

got it. 22 pounder.

so, i have a question now. i was thinking about looking in to getting this stuffed. when i got home i checked online real quick and one site said not to gut it or anything and to let it cool and get it in the freezer asap. well i shot it at 430pm and it was between 630-700 before i got it in the freezer. did i wait to long, or will it be alright ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom