Bozo the bounty hunter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
alot of the time these guy's search court records find people with FTA warrants, call the bondsman of record and say i can find him for x amount of dollars.bondsman didn't may not have given them the info

A bondsman was involved and not arrested according to the report. The news said that he claimed he "didn't know they had warrants".

So perhaps it was like you said. Perhaps it was different. I just want to know the details and which bondsman it was. If he's innocent of any wrongdoing, then they shouldn't be hiding him.

T

TheMcs

Two other things are scary about that.

1) They basically denied a scared old woman her gun over the phone, and

2) The dumbasses only got tickets for kicking down her door.

My thoughts exactly. I was pissed when I read the part about the operator telling her not to get her gun.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He kept demanding and threatened to kick in the door. So she called 911. She asked the dispatcher if she could put the phone down long enough to get her gun, but was told to stay on the line.
Is this standard for dispatchers? Makes me wonder if the dispatcher was more concerned with the safety of the bounty hunters than the safety of the resident.
All three men got tickets for breaking and entering without permission.
Its a good thing that these men meant no harm to the lady. Otherwise they mights have robbed, raped or killed her without permission.

Michael

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This.

Unless there's a christmas-load of red and blue lights and lots of shouting announcing law enforcement, if someone kicks my door in, someone's getting shot.

Pretty much... These two morons are lucky they didn't get blasted into oblivion. What's sad, however, is that if a gunfight ensued the homeowner is still at tremendous risk. It would reinforce to the bounty hunters that they had the right address, and would probably return fire, assuming they lived that long. After it's said and done, then the homeowner now has a hell of a mess and a lot of questions to answer, presumably with accompanying lawyer fees. I don't really understand the legal aspects of bounty hunting, but from what I can gather, the regulation of their actions seem to leave a lot to be desired.

Wasn't there a case in Arizona where some bounty hunters shot and killed an innocent homeowner? I seem to remember that...

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This.

Unless there's a christmas-load of red and blue lights and lots of shouting announcing law enforcement, if someone kicks my door in, someone's getting shot.

+1 here. Most folks REALLY don't want to have to pull the trigger on another individual, but given my understanding of this situation, these guys are VERY lucky they did not get shot........

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't the news story on this a bit misleading too or are our Oklahoma laws really that effed up?

I understand the concept of a bounty hunter being allowed to pursue a fugitive and having some protection and leeway under the law in order to do so, but in Oklahoma, can ANYONE just bust down a door to apprehend one?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't the news story on this a bit misleading too or are our Oklahoma laws really that effed up?

I understand the concept of a bounty hunter being allowed to pursue a fugitive and having some protection and leeway under the law in order to do so, but in Oklahoma, can ANYONE just bust down a door to apprehend one?

The ambiguity comes in when you consider that there is no licensing, bonding, etc... for bounty hunters - ahem - bail enforcement agents. The bondsmen abide by certain standards, but the "agents" have no real regulation. Thus ANYONE can be a bounty hunter on a whim, and go track someone down for a bondsman.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
basically when you sign a contract with a bondsman he owns you,he can use any means to apprehend you including entering without a warrant,but you better make damn sure the person you're after is in the house or you are just another home invader.
people on bond and thier cosigners sign that their house can be search by the bondsman or his agents any time. any where else they may be you better know 100 percent the person is in there

Latest posts

Top Bottom