Brake checked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
That is just how the drive in Texas. They don’t mess around, lol. If there is an opening, everyone’s expectations are that someone is going to fill it. Everyone knows that and are considerate with it. In Oklahoma on the other hand, filling a gap is a road rage incident waiting to happen.
...and god forbid do not use a directional signal or they'll intentionally block you out...point-'n-shoot driving tactics there.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read a story on Quora where a driver on the freeway suddenly swerved in front of him and hit their brake causing him to rear end the car. As they were waiting for the cops to come the driver and passenger cursed at him, told him they were going to sue and even threatened him. Fortunately, he had a dash cam and it recorded the car pulling in front of him and the subsequent near altercation. They were smiling at him and had their arms crossed when the cops questioned him but the dash camera told the story. He smiled at them as the cop wrote out a ticket and arrested the passenger on an outstanding warrant-they weren't smiling then.
But I do have a question: Do the dash cams run all the time or only activated with motion?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to run my wire permanently drilling a hole through my cab's floor but haven't had the opportunity to get it up on a stand or a lift to see where to drill. Then I'm going to armor the cable under the truck strapping it to the frame.
There are often unused spaces in grommets in the firewall. Those would likely be easier to use than drilling a new hole.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have a dash cam, but its battery apparently got married and decided it didn’t need to keep in shape, and it swelled to the point that it popped the screen assembly right out of the housing.

I keep intending to get a replacement. I wonder if it would record all the stupid crap that I see happen on the roads around here.

Nah, there’s not enough storage in the world for that.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessin' they run a cycle like security cams, and just overwrite old stuff after a period of time.

But I have no experience, thus no real clue.

Again, read the fine print... ;)
:drunk2:
The one I had would overwrite the oldest videos, except for the ones you marked as protected. But my comment was more about the sheer volume of stupid that I see on the roads around here. I just saw one peckerwood in the left turn lane stop on a green arrow, then shoot over so far to the right that he was on the apron of the entrance to TCC, then go on across the intersection (mind you, the through light was still red).

Of course, I’m convinced that the folks controlling the stoplights in Tulsa wake up every morning trying to think of new ways to screw with drivers. 61st at 169 has got to be the most idiotically-set up set of lights I’ve ever seen.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one I had would overwrite the oldest videos, except for the ones you marked as protected. But my comment was more about the sheer volume of stupid that I see on the roads around here. I just saw one peckerwood in the left turn lane stop on a green arrow, then shoot over so far to the right that he was on the apron of the entrance to TCC, then go on across the intersection (mind you, the through light was still red).

Of course, I’m convinced that the folks controlling the stoplights in Tulsa wake up every morning trying to think of new ways to screw with drivers. 61st at 169 has got to be the most idiotically-set up set of lights I’ve ever seen.
Lol, ok... I have no answer to that. :D
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom